About this program
Bachelors in Finance
Bachelor study at the Faculty of Economics, VŠB-TU Ostrava takes three years. It is completed by the state bachelor exam and defense of the bachelor thesis. Successful graduates are awarded the Bachelor's degree - Bc.
Applicants who have completed at least secondary school leaving exams (“Decision on the recognition of equivalence (validity) of a foreign certificate in the Czech Republic”) can apply for bachelor study programs at the Faculty of Economics at VŠB-TU Ostrava and have demonstrated their knowledge of the English language by submitting a proof of language proficiency. IELTS 5.0 score tests; TOEFL 62 Internet Scores (possible other same level certificates). Candidates prepare a cover letter to study.
After completing the bachelor's degree program in Finance, graduates may continue in their studies in the Master's degree program in Finance, or choose from other economic oriented programs with economic orientation at this level of study.
Criteria for Admission
- Secondary school-leaving certificate
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Administration
- Descriptive economics
- Economics of Public Sector
- Mathematics A
- Microeconomics A
- Physical Education A
- Macroeconomics A
- Mathematics B
- Physical Education B
- Accounting A
- Economic Policy
- Financial Management
- Law in Business
- Statistics A
- Accounting B
- Costs, Calculations and Prices
- International Monetary Relations
- Quantitative methods
- BApplied corporate financial management
- Bachelor Seminar A
- Business English I
- Financial Markets
- Insurance I.
- Managerial Economics
- Taxes of economic subjects
- Bachelor Seminar B
- Bachelor Thesis
- Business English II
- Public Budgets
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee: 50 000 CZK per semester, approx. 4000 EUR per academic year
The graduate will obtain the knowledge that allow them to perform independently and practically qualified activities, to deal with middle-level management issues from corporate financial management, financial analysis, cost and cost management, investment decision-making, tax, commercial and investment banking, insurance and public finance. The content of the study is particularly focused to gain the knowledge in the following areas:
- Financial management and financial decision-making,
- Cost management, costing, pricing
- Accounting and taxes
- Financial markets
- Commercial and investment banking, insurance.
Graduates will acquire skills and will be able to:
- Carry out financial analysis
- Perform the financial decision-making
- Assess the investment projects,
- Prepare cost plans and analysis and create pricing
- Understand and apply the managerial accounting,
- Understand the principles of taxation and tax systems, banking and insurance market
- Get inside of the management of commercial banks, investment companies, mutual funds and insurance companies.
Graduates will find the positions in middle-level management in financial departments and in financial management in manufacturing, business, government, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, financial and tax advisors.
- Economist in corporate sector, non-profit organizations, municipalities,
- Financial manager (middle level management)
- Financial and tax advisor
- Bank specialist
- Investment broker,
- Insurance broker,
- Personal banker,
- Banking and insurance advisor
- Investment advisor,
- Personal Finance Advisor
- Tax Officer
- Financial Administration Worker
- An employee of financial and other government departments.
Message the school
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia