Bachelors in Architecture and Construction
The bachelor study program Architecture and Civil Engineering provides the first degree of architectural education. The focus of the course is based on studio work, while mastering all the basic building technical subjects. An integral part of the teaching are also subjects of architecture, art and humanities. The study program is oriented to mastering the design craft and the possibility of employment in practice, but also to the possibility of continuing study in the follow-up master's study program and obtaining a fullfledged architectural education. The acquired pumice of technical knowledge makes it possible to continue in the master's degree in other construction branches. A graduate after completing a 4-year bachelor study program will receive a bachelor's degree (Bc.)
Criteria for Admission
- Secondary school-leaving certificate
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Architectural Design Studio ZAN 1
- Architectural Drawing 1
- Building Constructions I.
- Computer Graphics
- Descriptive Geometry
- Foundations of Composition
- Physical Education A
- Architectural Design Studio ZAN 2
- Building Constructions II.
- Building Information Model
- Building Typology 1
- Foundamentals of Graphics and Digital Media
- Fundamentals of Structural Mechanics for Architects
- Mathematics II
- Physical Education B
- Architecture Design Studio 1
- Building materials
- Building Typology 2
- History of Architecture 1
- Introduction to Elasticity and Plasticity
- Traffic Structures
- Architectural Design Studio 2
- Building Environment
- Concrete Structures Elements
- History of Architecture 2
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation
- Structural mechanics
- Architectural Design Studio 3
- Building Envelopes
- Building services/A - Sanitary Installations
- Building Typology 3
- Concrete and Masonry Structures
- Fundamentals of Modellin
- Fundamentals of Urbanism and Spatial Planning
- History of Architecture 3
- Soft Skills I
- Architectural Design Studio 4
- Architectural Drawing 2
- Buildings Roofing
- Elements of Steel and Timber Structures
- Fundamentals of Sculpture
- Geodesy In Civil Engineering
- History of Architecture 4
- Architectural Design Studio 5
- Building Services/A - heating
- Failures and Reconstructions of Buildings
- History of Architecture 5
- History of Art
- MEP modeling
- Steel and Timber Structures
- Urbanism and Spatial Planning
- Architecture of Low-energy Buildings
- Bachelor Seminar
- Bachelor Thesis
- Economy in construction processes
- Greenery in the built-up area
- History of Architecture 6
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: 3500 € per academic year
The graduate is able to solve practical problems in the field with the use of professional knowledge on the basis of a framework task. Can find, organize and interpret information relevant to solving a defined practical problem. He / she is able to use some basic research procedures in the field to the extent necessary to solve practical problems in the field.
The graduate decides independently and responsibly in only partially known contexts based on the framework assignment. They can include consideration of their ethical dimension in problem solving. Can communicate information to experts and laymen in a clear and convincing way about the nature of professional problems and their own opinion on their solution. Can summarize the views of other team members comprehensibly. Can use his / her professional knowledge, professional skills and general competence in at least one foreign language. He / she is able to gain further professional knowledge, skills and competences on the basis of practical experience and its evaluation as well as independent study of theoretical knowledge of the field.
Graduate's general competence
Graduates of the bachelor study program Architecture and Construction will acquire the basic knowledge and skills of technical, artistic, ecological, sociological, demographic and economic disciplines in the range of architectural fields with the ability to understand the mutual context. They will acquire the necessary knowledge of theories, concepts and methods of the branch to collect data, analyze the problem and realize the performance of technical construction and management functions. The bachelors will be able to understand the possibilities, conditions and limitations of the use of theories, concepts and methods in architectural practice. and to use some basic technical, biotechnical and art procedures to the extent necessary for solving practical problems in the field practice, including the design of simple innovative procedures. Graduates will be able to continue in the follow-up master's degree in Architecture and Civil Engineering or in the master's degree in Civil Engineering.
Graduates will find employment in architectural or construction design offices in the position of executive designer, in construction offices in the position of an officer, in buildings as the assistant of the site manager, etc.
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Architecture and Construction? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Mendrisio , Switzerland