Bachelors in Applied Electronics
The aim of the three-year bachelor’s degree course in Applied Electronics is to educate the bachelors as graduate operational experts in all the spheres of electrical engineering, equipped with fundamental knowledge of the relevant theory and practical skills. The graduates have the opportunity to proceed to one of the courses in electrical engineering or related fields in master’s studies.
Criteria for Admission
- Secondary school-leaving certificate
- English-language ability – students, who are not native speakers may be asked to demonstrate their ability to study in English, e.g. by presenting the results of any language tests they have taken. English language ability document - minimum requirements: IELTS score 5,0; TOEFL internet-based score 62 (possibly other certificates at the same level).
- Entrance examination (according to the Faculty Admission Procedure Rules and Conditions for Admission)
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Circuit Theory I
- Electricity Generation and Utilization
- English Language b/I for FEI - intermediate
- Introduction to Communication Technologies
- Mathematical Analysis 1
- Physical Education A
- Principles of Physics
- Safety in Electrical Engineering
- Basics of Algorithms and Programming
- Circuit Theory II
- Electrical Measurements
- English Language b/II for FEI - intermediate
- History of Science and Technology
- Linear Algebra
- Physical Education B
- Electrotechnical Materials
- English Language b/III for FEI - intermediate
- Mathematical Analysis 2
- Physics I
- Power Switching Devices
- Signals and Systems
- Technical Documentation
- Digital and Microprocessor Technique I
- Electrical Power Engineering
- English Language b/IV for FEI - intermediate
- Introduction to Statistics
- Laboratory Practics from Electronics
- Power Semiconductor Systems I
- Automotive Electronics I
- Bachelor Seminar I
- Microcomputer Control Systems I
- Modelling and Simulation of Electronic Systems
- Selected Chapters of Electrical Machines and Apparatuses
- Bachelor Seminar II
- Electrical Controlled Drives I
- Principles of Commercial Electronics Equipments
- Technical Means for Control of Electrical Drives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition fee: 3500 € per academic year
The graduates have a broad knowledge and understanding of the technical field of applied electronic. Further, they have extensive knowledge of the theories, concepts and methods of the branch, and understand the possibilities, conditions and limitations of the application of the theories, concepts and methods of the branch in practice. During the course of studies, the students of the program of Applied Electronics acquire the necessary knowledge of mathematics, physics, theoretical electrical engineering, measurement technology, electrical power engineering, cybernetics, mechatronic systems, and information technology. Further, they gain special knowledge in the field of applied electronics, microprocessor technology, power semiconductor systems and electrical controlled drives.
The graduates in the program of Applied Electronics are able to deal with practical problems within the branch of applied electronics on the basis of a generally defined task. The graduates can search for, sort out and interpret the relevant information to solve a defined practical problem and they can apply some of the elementary research procedures of this branch in the division necessary to solve practical problems.
Graduate's general competence
The graduates are able to make independent and responsible decisions on the basis of a general assignment in less-well-known contexts. On the basis of a general assignment, they can coordinate the operation of a team and bear responsibility for its results. They are able to consider the ethical aspects of the given problem. They can comprehensibly sum up the opinions of other team members and use their professional knowledge, expert skills and general qualifications in at least one foreign language. They acquire further professional knowledge, skills and qualifications mainly on the basis of practical experience, which they can supplement with individual study of theoretical findings.
The employability of the graduates in the labor market is excellent. The number of graduates is currently not able to meet the company requirements. The graduates will find employment in the planning departments of various companies and businesses, designing electronic applications in the field of control technology, power semiconductor systems, electrical controlled drives, measurement technology etc. They can work at companies with electro-technical production, in the management of technological processes at production organizations, or in maintenance and repair operations. The graduate possess broad knowledge of the theoretical basics, therefore after the complementation of knowledge from another specialization, they can find employment in other areas of electrical engineering as well.
About this institute
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
VSB-TUO’s study programs are built on a 170-year tradition. Currently, there are almost eleven thousand undergraduates and graduates studying for degrees at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels in engineering, IT, technology, economics and business administration. Courses are provided by seven...
Why study at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Study at VSB-TUO places an emphasis on practical training, whilst investigating real problems from today’s state-of-the-art industries, using the latest software and instruments. In many subjects 50% of the coursework is practically oriented, perfectly complimenting the advanced theoretical instruction, and ensuring that graduates have gained the education and experience sought by employers the world over. VSB-TUO has strong links to industry and thrives on applied research, in cooperation with companies and institutions worldwide, in finding innovative solutions to modern day issues.
Want to know more about Bachelors in Applied Electronics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
Chicago, United States of America