Master of Science in Physical Land ResourcesVrije Universiteit Brussel
Master of Science in Physical Land Resources
The Physical Land Resources Master’s Program aims to form experts that are able to manage and protect the land as well as manipulate the specifics and properties of the soil. The Program encompasses a variety of different aspects, such as the physics of the soil, meteorology and natural hazards.
This Program offers several skills inherently tied to a Master of Science, such as the ability to identify a problem, form a hypothesis, test it through experiments of your own design in the field and to report results and findings to both your peers and a more general public. Another, very important asset is the ability to think analytically and synthetically, while still being creative – all part of a problem-solving mentality. You’ll gain all the knowledge and skills needed to build a successful career as a scientist.
- Proof of English proficiency is compulsory for all students. You need one of the following documents to proof you level of English:
- TOEFL iBT with minimum level: 79;
- IELTS with minimum level: academic module 6.5;
- ITACE with minimum level: B2;
- Cambridge English Qualification Scale with the following minimal level: 170;
- Certificates and other proof of language tests may not pre-date the first enrolment by more than five years.
- Having successfully completed at least one year of secondary education with English as language of instruction, or having successfully completed secondary school in a Belgian institution;
- Having successfully completed Program units in higher education with a minimum of 54 ECTS-credits where English was the language of instruction.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Com. Compuls. Courses MA in Physical Land Resources year 1 standard learning track
- Applied Statistics
- Soil Water Management
- Climate Change
- Soil Chemistry
- Soil Physics
- Land Information Systems
- Scientific Communications on Physical Land Resources
Land Resources Engineering Specialisation Courses year 1 standard learning track
- Applied Geophysics
- Groundwater hydrology
- Water and Land Interaction and Transformation
Program specific elective courses 'Land Resources Engineering' - 1st year
- GIS for Environmental Applications
- Economics and Management of Natural Resources
- Dare To Venture
Program specific elective courses 'Land Resources Engineering' - 2nd year
- Applied Geomorphology
- Geology and engineering geology
- Land-Climate Dynamics
- Sustainability: an Interdisciplinary Approach
- Rock mechanics and underground constructions
- GIS for Environmental Applications
- Groundwater modelling
- Natural Hazards
- Natural Risk Management
Elective Courses from the Soil Science track
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Precision Agriculture
- Properties and Management of Soils in the Tropics
- Quality of Groundwater Resources
- Remote sensing
- Soil Erosion Processes and Control
- Soil Mineralogy
Master Thesis Physical Land Resources
- Master Thesis Physical Land Resources
The full tuition price for EEA students is 938.8 €. The price for Non-EEA students is 939 €
After graduation continue your academic career as a PhD researcher.
A master degree opens doors in many different branches and sectors. You will be able to work in the private sector, (non-) governmental organisations. Not sure what your next step should be? The VUB helps you with your first steps on the job market.
Employment can be found in the fields of:
- soil management
- environment assessment
- water management, including water supply and control
- stability of taluds and excavations
- use of soil as construction material
- coastal development
- erosion and sediment transport
The VUB helps you to make your first step in the job market with workshops, networking events, job fairs, tips ‘n tricks for job interviews. All an ambitious student needs!
About this institute
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
VUB is a public and modern university located in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Ranked as one of world’s top universities, it offers a full range of bachelor’s and master’s programmes taught in English. The University counts 16.000 students, 21%...
Want to know more about Master of Science in Physical Land Resources? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Bloemfontein, South Africa