Master of Science in Biomedical ResearchVrije Universiteit Brussel
Master of Science in Biomedical Research
Biomedical scientists try to trace back the cause of diseases which opens up possibilities for prevention and the development of new diagnostic methods and treatments that do not only reduce the symptoms but really cure the patient. Especially the last aim is very challenging and can only be obtained by international collaboration between different scientific disciplines working at the crossroads of biomolecules, in vitro and in vivo preclinical research, clinical trials and patient care.
The master of science in Biomedical Research is aiming to train master students in biomedical research in a strong multidisciplinary environment at the Brussels Health Campus where biomedical scientists work together with clinicians and colleagues trained in other disciplines such as pharmaceutical sciences or bio-engineering.
The Master of Science in Biomedical Research is open to holders of a bachelor degree in Biomedical Sciences.
Other equivalent academic bachelors are allowed (including Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology and Life Sciences), but qualification will be evaluated based on scientific competences and skills of the students by our admission committee. At least sufficient levels of education in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Genetics, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology and Biostatistics are required. In certain cases, deficiencies can be remediated
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
MA biomedical Research year 1 obligatory
- Topics in Biomedical Research
- Academic English for life sciences
- Professionalisation in Scientific Research
- Bioethics II
- Laboratory Animal Science 1
- Laboratory Animal Science 2
- Literature Study Preparing for Research Trainings
- Research Seminars 1
- Practical Laboratory Training 1 / Journal and Data Clubs
- Practical Laboratoy Training 2 / Journal and Data Clubs
MA biomedical research year 2 obligatory
- Master Thesis Biomedical Research
- Research Seminars 2
- Research Training
MA biomedical research choise
- Manipulation of the Immune System
- Immuno-imaging and molecular therapy
- Advanced Developmental Biology
- Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution
- High Throughput Techniques
- Microbial Life in Extreme Conditions
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Micro- and Nanobiotechnology
- Protein Trafficking and Posttranslational Modification
- Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy
- Applied Toxicology
- Reason and Engage. Critical Reflections on Humanity and Society
- Adult Stem and Progenitor Cells
- Human Resources Management
- Laboratory Animal Science 3
- Strategic Marketing
- Management and Strategy
- Introduction to Management and HRM
- Introduction to Marketing and Market Research
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Molecular Targets in Cancer Cells
- Gene Therapy and gene editing
- Beta Cell Therapy in Diabetes
- Hematopoietic Cell Therapies
- New therapeutic approaches to disorders of the central nervous system
- Genetics and Reproduction
The full tuition price for EEA students is 939 €. The price for Non-EEA students is 3.243 €
In the last 10 years, 56% of our graduates started a PhD track and 30-40% of the students found a job in biotech companies or the pharmaceutical industry. Belgium also offers great job opportunities in biomedical research, as it has the highest number of clinical studies per capita.
About this institute
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
VUB is a public and modern university located in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Ranked as one of world’s top universities, it offers a full range of bachelor’s and master’s programmes taught in English. The University counts 16.000 students, 21%...
Want to know more about Master of Science in Biomedical Research? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...