Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (MA)Vilnius University
About this program
Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (MA)
During four semesters of studies, students get their hands onto parallel computing methods for scientific applications, computational optimization approaches and artificial intelligence as compulsory courses. Apart from that, they can choose from a range of theoretical physics and astrophysics courses, which include mathematical modelling, non-local mathematical physics, physical kinetics, spectrometry, data mining, star atmospheres, advanced statistical physics, response theory, cosmology, quantum theory of atoms and molecules, quantum information, low-temperature physics, quantum thermodynamics, physics of galaxies. In addition to that, every semester students join research groups for practice and experiencing the research.
- Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Physics, Engineering or Technologies;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (Internationally recognized certificate or Skype interview)
- The selection criterion is based on the weighted average of all grades recorded in the transcript of your academic report.
Additional points could be obtained for scientific publications and scientific conference presentations.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Methods of Parallel Computing in Physics
- Scientific Research Work I/III
- Computational Optimization
- Scientific Research Work II/III
- Scientific Research Work III/III
- Master Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee is 4916 EUR/year.
Credit points: 120 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master in Physical Sciences
- Expertise in optimization and automation including artificial intelligence
- Expertise in supercomputing
- Expertise in advanced mathematical / theoretical physics
Our graduates are welcome in strategical positions in various companies:
- Data mining and analysis, decision-making and optimization.
- Positions range from financial organizations, public administration, and international businesses
- Joining academic and research institutions worldwide guarantees carrier in academic area.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...