About this program
The purpose of the Mathematics program is to train qualified specialists who have advanced knowledge of pure and applied mathematics and strong problem-solving skills so that they can successfully tackle challenging scientific, industrial, economic problems. The graduates will be the professionals in modelling and decision making of different processes in industry and research.
- At least first level studies leading with a bachelor diploma are required
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe)
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Supplementary Chapters in Functional Analysis
- Mathematical Writing at Higher Level
- Function Spaces
- Partial Differential Equations
- Abstract Algebra
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Packages of Statistics
- Fundamentals of Scientific Research
- Master’s Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition price for local/EU students is 4787 EUR/year
The tuition price for International/Non-EU students is 5000 EUR/year
Credit points: 120 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master in Mathematical Sciences
A holder of a Master's degree in Mathematics has a good insight into mathematical propositions, is able to prove them and analyse their logical relations. He/she has good working abilities to create deterministic or stochastic mathematical model of a real process, to analyse and interpret it and present conclusions. He/she has skills in using computer facilities and information technologies. He/she is able to work creatively and is open to further education and development of his/her skills
The Program graduates will be able to work in science and education institutions, high-technology industries, agencies of data analysis and social investigations, management institutions. Graduates will also be able to pursue a career in any other sphere, where their mathematical knowledge, analytical skills and ability to use specialized software are needed.
The graduates can also pursue further studies at the doctoral level in mathematics and/or statistics.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Mathematics (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!