Information Systems and Cyber Security (BA)Vilnius University
About this program
Information Systems and Cyber Security (BA)
The study program in Information Systems and Cyber Security aims to prepare professionals in information systems and cyber security who will have the fundamental and applied knowledge in informatics engineering and develop skills required for secure analysis, design, structuring and maintenance of information systems.
This program is taught at Muitinės street. 8, LT-44280 Kaunas, Lithuania
Chat live with students from Vilnius University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Vilnius University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- Matura (high school leaving) certificate
- English language proficiency — the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Information System Security
- Higher Mathematics
- Legal Regulations for Cyber Security
- Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Programming
- Analysis and Specification of IS Requirements
- Discrete Mathematics in Computer Science
- Information Systems and Databases
- Algorithm Theory and Data Structures
- Digital Forensics and Methods of their Analysis
- Operational Systems and their Security
- Programming Languages and Object Oriented Programming
- WWW Development Technologies
- Creation of Information Systems on the Basis of Team Work
- Mobile Applications Development Techniques
- Basics of Artificial Intelligence
- E-Transactions and their Security
- Methods of Ethical Hackings
- Graphical Business Process Modelling
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Computer Networks and their Security
- Data Security and Cryptography
- IT Processes According to ITIL Methodology
- Design of Secure Computer Infrastructures
- Systems Theory
- Virtual Systems and Their Security
- General Education Modules
- Data Mining Technologies
- Information Systems Testing and Quality Assurance
- Course Work
- Forensic Analysis of Digital Content and Analysis of Malware
- General Education Modules
- Bachelor Final Thesis (Study field: Informatics Engineering)
- Training Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee is 4450 EUR/year.
Credit points: 210 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Bachelor's degree in Computing
The graduate is able to analyse and formalize the information flows in a business enterprise; technologically justify the directions of the implementation of IT; work out an adequate instrumentarium; is able to design, implement, structure, maintain and professionally assess the secure IS; understands computer architecture; is able to employ programming languages, technologies of providing information on the Internet; to design the IS architecture and data bases, create IS both with the use of traditional and modern mobile technologies;
Graduates of this study Program will be able to work as experts, consultants and information systems security professionals in government organizations and business enterprises of various size. Information systems analysts or architects, Programs, testers, database administrators, project managers in the field of Information Systems. Information security analysts. Security management professionals or managers and IT security auditors in organizations. Graduates will be able to develop their own business initiatives provide consulting services or carry out a qualitative analysis of information systems’ design and management.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Information Systems and Cyber Security (BA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...