Finance and Banking (MA)
Finance and banking Program has been taught in Lithuanian language for several years and is constantly updated based on recommendations of students and social partners to keep up with scientific and practical changes in finance. This Program is among the most popular Master Programs for the study candidates. The Program received positive evaluations from the international accreditation experts’ team. Starting with 2015, the Program has been offering an opportunity for the best students to obtain a double degree from the University of Siena, Italy during the fourth (additional) semester.
This Program is affiliated as Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Program.
The principal objectives of the Program are as follows:
- Critically evaluate economic and financial theories and research methods, to provide sufficient knowledge needed for analysis of financial problems at a macroeconomic level and to make based decisions at the highest financial management level;
- Introduce to the role, development, aims and objectives of international financial institutions and financial markets in global;
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge needed for improvement of budgetary system and taxation policy in the face of national and global economic changes;
- Provide scientific and methodical knowledge needed for independent organization’s financial analysis and financial risks’ assessment and management, while taking into account macro and micro environmental changes.
- Introduce to the main topics of CFA Institute material and to prepare students for CFA exams.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent;
- No less than 20 ECTS credits in the fields of economics, management and business administration or other social sciences or the acquired analogous practical experience is substantiated in motivation letter and during the interview;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For more information about program content, please visit the institute's main website.
The tuition price for local/EU and International/Non-EU students is 3300 EUR/year.
Scholarships & funding
For more information please send us an information request or visit our website.
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 of universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2018). More than 20,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Finance and Banking (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...