About this program
Finance and Banking (MA)
This program is focused on analytical skills and preparation for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams. The finance and banking program has been taught in the Lithuanian language for several years. It is constantly updated based on recommendations of students and social partners to keep up with scientific and practical changes in finance. This program is among the most popular Master programs among the study candidates. The program received a positive evaluation from the international accreditation experts’ team. Since 2015 the program has offered the best students an opportunity to obtain a double degree from the University of Siena, Italy during the fourth (additional) semester. This program is affiliated as Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) program.
Chat live with students from Vilnius University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Vilnius University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent;
- No less than 20 ECTS credits in the fields of economics, management and business administration or other social sciences or the acquired analogous practical experience is substantiated in motivation letter and during the interview;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Applicants to the study program Finance and Banking (in Lithuanian and English) are awarded an additional point for passing the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exam.
- If your qualification and motivation match the program, you will receive an invitation for an interview with the Admissions Committee.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Financial Ethics
- Corporate Finance
- Research Project I
- Alternative Investments
- Fixed Income Securities
- Research Project II
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Analysis of Investment Portfolio
- Equity Investments
- Master’s Final Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition price for local/EU and International/Non-EU students is 4020 EUR/year.
Credit points: 90 or 120 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master in Social Sciences
The graduates of the program are prepared as highly qualified finance specialists, able to perform analytical and managerial work in financial institutions and financial units of other organizations.
A graduate can be employed as:
- Finance and Banking Analyst;
- Public/Private Enterprise Finance Analyst;
- Expert in Investments;
- Expert in Business Development;
- Expert in Financial Market.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Finance and Banking (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia