About this program
Economics (Master's degree)
This master’s degree program develops economists with the latest knowledge of the economics science and research methodology, who know how to apply quantitative analysis and modelling techniques and explore the systemic problems of economics. Students of the program will delve into micro-economics, macro-economics, business finance and econometric analysis, gaining competences in the areas of global economics and economic research methodology. With this qualification, you will be able to apply the latest economics approaches, financial analyses and related multidisciplinary theories in practice.
This program is taught at 87 Vytauto St., LT-76352 Šiauliai, Lithuania
Chat live with students from Vilnius University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Vilnius University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- University Bachelor degree in the fields of Social Sciences: Economics or Business and Management.
- In case Bachelor degree is in a different field from the mentioned above, it is required to pass the following exams: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Economic Analysis.
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Business Finance Analysis and Modelling
- Master's Thesis Project
- Econometric Analysis
- Economic Research Methodology and Master's Thesis Project
- Global Economy: Theories and Applications
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Time Series Econometric Models
- Master Graduation Thesis (Study field: Economics)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for this program is €4096 per year.
Credit points: 90 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master of Social Sciences
- Careers in business. You will be able to take a management or analytical position in companies, financial institutions, insurance companies, or develop and manage your own business.
- Jobs in the public sector. Having acquired this broad economic education, you will be able to pursue a career as an economist in the public sector.
- Finance and economics analyst. The knowledge gained in economics and finance can support a successful career as an analyst.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Economics (Master's degree)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...