Eastern European and Russian Studies (MA)Vilnius University
About this program
Eastern European and Russian Studies (MA)
The Eastern European and Russian studies Program is devised to provide you with deep and comprehensive knowledge about the region - its political, economic and cultural particularities, and develop your academic and analytical skills that will enable you to analyze, evaluate and assess key political and social processes within this dynamic and exciting region.
- Bachelor degree or its equivalent;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (Internationally recognized certificate or Skype interview)
- The selection criterion is based on the weighted average of all grades recorded in the transcript of your academic report.
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Economic Transformation: From Command Economy to a New System
- Search and Research: Methods and Approaches in Political Science
- State and Society in Eastern Europe and Russia: From Autocracy to Democracy
- Inventing Eastern Europe: Explorations of the European East
- Master Seminar
- Russian Politics and Economy in Post-modern World
- Eastern European Security
- Master Seminar
- Master‘s Theses
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The tuition price for local/EU and International/Non-EU students is 4096 EUR/year.
Credit points: 300 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master in Social Sciences
- first-hand experience of Eastern Europe regional specifics through study across the range of area specific courses including state, society, economics, culture and politics of the region;
- professional expertise on the key issues that impact domestic and foreign policies in the states of Eastern Europe and Russia;
- advanced knowledge of the concepts, theories and methods in the contemporary political science, especially in the field of International Relations and Comparative Politics;
- deep understanding of the history and political systems of the Eastern European countries and Russia, as well as political and economic transformation processes that are taking place in the region
- skills to analyse the development of the region in the context of contemporary international and regional co-operation;
- methodological skills required to undertake and produce an independent research project.
- Pursue a civil servant career in public administration institutions and diplomatic service.
- Work as an analyst or expert in the international organizations, academic and research institutions, private sector in Lithuania and abroad.
- Pursue doctoral studies.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Eastern European and Russian Studies (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...