Data Science (MA)Vilnius University
About this program
Data Science (MA)
The aim of the program is to educate internationally recognized professionals in Data Science who expertly utilize the up-to-date knowledge of Statistics, Econometrics and Data Science in developing advanced mathematical (statistical) models for private and public institutions for planning, management, forecasting, and evaluation of their activities.
Chat live with students from Vilnius University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Vilnius University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- At least first level studies leading with a bachelor diploma are required
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe)
- Assessment of motivation is held by electronic means remotely
For more information please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Multivariate Statistics
- Parametric and Nonparametric Econometrics
- Data Mining
- Big Data Analysis
- Functional Data Analysis
- Master's Thesis Seminar
- Master Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee per year:
- EU students: 4 787€ / 3 191€ part-time
- non-EU students: 5 000€ / 3 400€ part-time
Credit points: 90 ECTS
Qualification awarded: Master in Mathematical Sciences
After taking the courses the students should be able to: independently model, estimate and test relationships between variables; practically apply basic principles of data science when analysing real data and forecasting processes; analyse big data; professionally operate data science software; learn R and Python programming skills; work with various data bases.
The analytical modelling planning and forecasting work opportunities at various levels are open for Masters in Data Science in:
- Research centers
- Financial institutions in private sector (e.g. pension funds, stock exchanges, insurance companies, commercial banks, Hi Tech start-ups)
- Consulting firms
- The analysis and planning units of business enterprises
- Central banks, ministries and other public sector institutions.
Message the school
About this institute
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2021). More than 21,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and...
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Want to know more about Data Science (MA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...