Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Established in 1579, Vilnius University is Lithuania’s leading academic institution, ranking in the top 20 of universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2018). More than 20,000 students are currently studying on over 70 bachelors and 100 masters degree programs, with PhD studies offered in 29 academic areas. Academics at Vilnius University are making important contributions to global research in a wide range of fields, from laser physics to linguistics to biochemistry. Vilnius University offers studies in all three cycles: undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate in the fields of humanities, social sciences, physical sciences, biomedicine and technologies. Based at the center of Europe, Lithuania’s capital Vilnius entails world-class ICT infrastructure, rapidly growing businesses, multilingual community and very rich cultural life.
Why study at Vilnius University
- Vilnius is one of the top 100 cities according to QS Best Student Cities
- Vilnius University is number 1 in Lithuania.
- Vilnius University is a leading higher education institution in student involvement in scientific work.
Student services & facilities
Scholarly Communication and Information Centre (SCIC)
Modern library, open 24/7, providing working places equipped with computers, lounge chairs for discussions/ relaxation, silent reading room, reading room for students with children, room for individual work for professors and PhD students
The Old Library
One of the richest collections of old books, historical documents and manuscripts
Vilnius University Health and Sport Centre
- Sports teams of the faculties (soccer, basketball, handball, volleyball, etc.)
Individual sports (gymnastics, athletics, swimming, etc.)
Official Vilnius University teams of professional sport that take part in national and international competitions.
2 theatre troupes, 3 song and dance ensembles, wind orchestra, 2 academic choirs, hikers club
- Develop your career from startup to big names by being a part of a close-knit community of enthusiastic professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Soak up the art in Vilnius’ theaters, galleries and street art places.
- Catch a beat at Vilnius’ festivals, open-airs and concerts.
- Take a breath of fresh air at Vilnius’ cozy courtyards, parks and terraces.
There are many accommodation options for international students in Vilnius. We strongly suggest you to choose Vilnius University dormitories because they are situated as close to the academic campuses as possible, charge modest fees and give you a better opportunity to interact with other students.
- Accommodation in Vilnius University dormitories is available only for Vilnius University students during the academic year (i.e. from September 1st until June 30th).
- Application for Accommodation must be submitted at least one month before the scheduled arrival via online enrollment procedure (for exchange students), or via online admission procedure (for degree students).
- Double or triple rooms are available. Prices: 87 EUR for double room; 58 EUR for tripple room
Scholarships & funding
Tuition Fee Waiver For Full-time Master Degree Studies
Tuition waiver will be awarded to the most motivated and competent international non-EU/EEA students applying for Vilnius University Master programmes taught in English or Russian language. This scholarship covers the full cost of the tuition fee of the selected Master's study programme.
Special Scholarship offered by the Faculty of Law
Scholarships for Ukrainian, Moldovian, Belarusian, Georgian and Kazakh students applying to Master's programme of International and European Union Law.
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition and is not payable directly to the successful applicant.
Tuition Fee Waiver offered by the Institute of International Relations and Political Science
Tuition waiver will be awarded to the most motivated and competent international non-EU/EEA student applying for Master’s degree programme of Eastern European and Russian studies. This scholarship only covers the full cost of the tuition fee.
- Candidates must be non-EU and non-European Economic Area citizens who apply for Eastern European and Russian studies master programme.
Candidates cannot have other financial support covering tuition fee from other Lithuanian or Foreign organisations.
- Applicants must submit a written request, together with a motivational letter by e-mail. Application deadline for tuition fee waiver is 15th of July. The final list of students who receive tuition waiver will be announced no later than 1st of August.
Citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), persons (non-EU/EEA) granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin can apply for the State-Funded Place in the programme.
For more information please send us an information request or visit our website.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.