Master of Engineering Sciences in Energy EngineeringVilnius Gediminas Technical University
Master of Engineering Sciences in Energy Engineering
Energy systems in buildings are by far one of the largest energy consumers, and the production of energy for them is the most polluting and significant in terms of climate change. This is why energy engineering is still one of the fastest growing activities in the world.
The design of such systems requires comprehensive engineering knowledge, so the purpose of the Master's study programs Buildings Energy Engineering is to train specialists who are able to critically analyze, model and integrate the building's energy systems and processes into them
. Such specialists are able to apply innovative technologies and smart solutions for evaluation, design, installation, usage, management and maintenance of the building's smart energy systems.
The Building Energy Engineering program covers many areas – from building, modeling of energy systems, thermodynamic and life-cycle analysis to renewable energy systems, process integration and management of energy demand.
To this programs applicants are accepted from the fields of:
- Energy Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Building Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- (land) Transport Engineering
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA), particularly in Mathematics, Physics, and English.
English language proficiency.
- International applicants to whom English is not a native language need to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English. One of the following is accepted:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) academic:
- 5.5 FCE (First Certificate in English):
- A CAE (Certificate in Advanced English):
- C CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English):
- C TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based:
- The TOEFL institutional code is 6529. LanguageCert Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (Listening, Reading, Writing): Communicator B2. TOEIC Listening & Reading: 785, Speaking & Writing: 310 PTE Academic 48 in all 4 skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Scientific Researches and Innovations
- Thermodynamic Analysis (with course procect)
- Life Cycle Analysis of Energy Systems (with course project)
- Energy Economics
- Building Thermal Modelling (with course project)
- Building Energy Systems Modelling (with course project)
- Research Work 1
- Intelligent Building Systems
- Process and Systems Integration (with course project)
- Renewable Energy Systems (with course project)
- Energy Demand Management
- Research Work 2
- Master Graduation Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
- Non EU citizens: 4400 EUR per year
- EU citizens: 4234 EUR per year
Degree: Master of Engineering Sciences in Energy Engineering
After completing a Master's studies of Building Energy Engineering, more opportunities are available:
- Work in building energy systems planning, design, consultancy, usage and maintenance companies
- Work in higher education, research and development, state and municipal institutions
- Study for a PhD in Technology Sciences (Mechanical and Civil Engineering).
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Vilnius Tech) located in Lithuania provides an innovative and responsive learning environment for international students. Offering programs at a bachelor, master, and PhD level, Vilnius Tech's diverse range of programs cater to students from around the...
Why study at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- European Higher Education Area
- High quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Study programmes in English language
- Exchange and placement programmes in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal and safe study and living environment
Want to know more about Master of Engineering Sciences in Energy Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America