Master of Arts in Architecture (Integrated Studies)Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Master of Arts in Architecture (Integrated Studies)
Designed in 18th century by Laurynas Gucevičius, both Vilnius Archcathedral Basilica and the Town Hall have immediately become the city symbols. The most famous Lithuanian architect not only introduced a new direction in architecture - classicism based on antique architecture heritage interpretations - but also created classicistic face of the city, although both the Cathedral and Town Hall have been only two of the many buildings in the center of Vilnius. In addition, these L. Gucevičius' projects clearly demonstrated the architect's supported ideas on social equality of the epoch of Enlightenment.
Although historically Architecture was perceived as art and science of building design, it now focuses on the social mission. By means of architecture we can create a living environment for reduction of social exclusion to promote equality or the formation of sustainable communities. Such an environment can encourage responsible consumption and even help to solve the climate change issues.
It is now possible to design a housing development for safe habitation that would ensure people's communication and cooperation. Architectural expression is influenced by many factors: constantly changing requirements, technology or even fashion trends. Currently much attention is paid to eco-friendly and sustainable development principles. A new approach to building longevity has now gained a paramount importance. Contrary to the previously prevailing approach, when we had been building once and for all, now we need to evaluate the life cycle of a building.
The aim of Architecture study program is to educate a socially responsible, continually improving architect of great erudition, who in cooperation with specialists from other fields is be able to carry out architectural activities holistically, rationally and in creative way, while solving complex problems of physical space shaping in global and constantly changing environment.
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA), particularly in Mathematics, Physics, and English.
English language proficiency.
- International applicants to whom English is not a native language need to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English. One of the following is accepted:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) academic:
- 5.5 FCE (First Certificate in English):
- A CAE (Certificate in Advanced English):
- C CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English):
- C TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) paper based:
- The TOEFL institutional code is 6529. LanguageCert Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (Listening, Reading, Writing): Communicator B2. TOEIC Listening & Reading: 785, Speaking & Writing: 310 PTE Academic 48 in all 4 skills.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Typology of Buildings
- Practice of Building Typology
- Drawing 1
- Fundamentals of Architecture
- Mathematical Models of Modern Architecture
- Practice of Architectural measurements
- Fundamentals of Architectural Design
- Drawing 2
- History of Architecture
- Scale in Architecture
- Sculpture and painting backgrounds
- History of Architecture
- Architecture and Community
- Specific Purpose Language Culture
- Architecture and technology
- Contemporary art project and architecture
- History and Composition of Lithuanian Architec-ture
- Basics of Building Information Modeling
- Tectonics in Architecture
- Architecture and Society
- Modern and Contemporary Architecture
- Architectural Law
- History of Urban Form and Composition
- Urban Structures
- Construction and Architectural Organizations Economy
- Architecture and Contexts
- Architecture and Contexts
- Architecture Research Methodology
- Architecture and Heritage
- Architecture and Innovation
- Architecture and Innovations
- Master's Theses
- Master Thesis
- Building typology
- Spatial composition
- Modern architecture
- Interior design
- Architectural graphics basics
- Construction and urban planning economy
- Multistory building technical project
- Computer-aided design basics
- Landscape Architecture basics
- Conservation of historical heritage and regeneration.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the University website for more information.
- Non EU citizens: 3500 EUR/year(1-4th study year), 4400 EUR (5th study year)
- EU citizens: 3500 EUR/year
Degree: Master of Arts in Architecture
Some key abilities that Architecture study programs helps students develop include:
- The ability to link the resent knowledge of architectural history, theory, and other humanitarian, social and technological sciences and arts, addressing topical issues in architecture
- The ability to apply knowledge of building structures, engineering systems, material science in the preparation of architectural projects
- The ability to define architectural tasks, formulate original hypothesis, carry out studies, interpret the study results and use them to justify architectural design solutions
- The ability to create architecture understanding the complexity of the design, combining the aesthetic, functional, social, technical, economic, environmental and legal requirements
- The ability to creatively, innovatively and responsibly deal with complex architecture, urbanism, landscape and heritage policy issues and challenges shaping the physical environment in unfamiliar and constantly changing context.
You may also consider pursuing a doctoral degree. In adherence to the procedure established by law, upon graduation and acquisition of design experience the certified graduates of the study programs may provide professional services throughout the EU without any restrictions.
Once you have graduated, you will be employable as:
- A projecting architect or their assistants at architectural and engineering design, urban planning, construction enterprises;
- An architect administrator at the Departments of Culture Heritage, Ministries of Environmental Protection and Culture, as well as units supervising regional and national parks, municipal architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, and cultural heritage areas;
- A professional engaged in research and pedagogic activities at universities and colleges.
About this institute
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Vilnius Tech) located in Lithuania provides an innovative and responsive learning environment for international students. Offering programs at a bachelor, master, and PhD level, Vilnius Tech's diverse range of programs cater to students from around the...
Why study at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- European Higher Education Area
- High quality degree studies and internationally recognized diplomas
- Study programmes in English language
- Exchange and placement programmes in more than 400 partner institutions around the world
- Scholarship programmes
- Relatively low living costs
- Friendly, liberal and safe study and living environment
Want to know more about Master of Arts in Architecture (Integrated Studies)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Liberec, Czech Republic