Master of Innovative Dairy Chain Management (MSc)VHL University of Applied Sciences
About this program
Conducting change and innovation in the international dairy sector
Are you interested in modern and highly developed dairy chains? The dairy sector is experiencing rapid developments. This calls for leaders who are able to successfully facilitate this change. Professionals that can apply innovations that help farms in delivering milk in high quantities and of excellent quality. Can you envision yourself taking the lead on this in the future?
This master programme focusses on the sustainable dairy chain as a whole, from farm to table and everything in between. You will learn all there is to know about modern and highly developed dairy chains, and the dairy industry in The Netherlands is used as example for innovations. It also focuses on milk processing from the perspective of processing companies, collaborating with stakeholders in the chain or supporting the chain.
The master is located in the north of The Netherlands; this region is known to be the frontrunner in the dairy industry and is the centre of excellence when it comes to innovation and knowledge. Van Hall Larenstein has a strong link with business in the region which is used to apply the theory into practice: students go on excursions at companies where they work on real life cases.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in life sciences or related fields. Your diploma will be evaluated after we have received your complete application.
International students must provide proof of their English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- IELTS Academic test with an overall band score of 6.0 and no sub-scores below 5.0
- TOEFL IBT test with a score of 80 or above (internet based)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English* (CAE): pass at grade C or above;
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)*: pass at grade B/C or above.
Depending on your diploma you might be exempted from providing proof of English proficiency. Please visit our website for more information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The programme will make use of cases from dairy countries with a high reputation as well as from countries in transition. It is all about the international dairy industry and providing a reliable and sufficient volume of quality milk. You will learn how to:
- identify innovative needs in (inter)national dairy chain projects and processes
- advise on dairy business development
- facilitate dairy chain governance towards sustainability and efficiency
- mainstream policy development for inclusive dairy value chains
- manage quality assurance in the dairy chain
- conduct applied research in a dairy value chain
- communicate effectively and convincingly in a varying multicultural sector
- apply an independent and creative learning attitude in a continuously changing international business environment
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check our website for more information.
- Tution fee for EU: € 2209 a year
- Tution fee for non-EU: € 13,750 a year
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- When you successfully graduate from Innovative Dairy Chain Management you will have obtained a Master of Science degree (MSc) .
Graduates from this Master are facilitators of change, they facilitate simple and complex change or transition processes in the international dairy sector. Their ambition is the transition towards a sustainable (inter)national dairy chain. This overall role is essential for the three job profiles for which this Master is intended:
- Chain professional (e.g. logistic manager, supply chain manager, strategy/policy manager, sales manager, corporate sustainability manager, product & marketing manager, project manager, CSR manager)
- Chain advisor (e.g. nutrition expert, financial expert, technical account manager)
- Visionary farm manager
Message the school
About this institute
Building your world
At VHL, we prepare you to build your own world. To make a real change. On topics that really matter. Like food safety, climate change, the circular economy and animal welfare. How do we do this? With Bachelors and Masters...
Why study at VHL University of Applied Sciences
Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable world and work on your personal development? Study at Van Hall Larenstein, the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands! We offer a range of unique English-taught Bachelor, Master and Certificate programs in fields in which the Netherlands is at the top. So whether you are interested in nutrition or international trade, working with animals, or want to work on the United Nations Sustainability Goals, we have the right program for you!
- Small-scale university of applied sciences with personal attention
- Sustainable thinking and doing: Make a difference!
- Practical lessons in experimental farms, gardens, and tech-labs
- International internships incorporated within the programs
- Professional orientation with guest lectures, excursions and real life cases
- Unique study programs in fields in which the Netherlands is a frontrunner
Want to know more about Master of Innovative Dairy Chain Management (MSc)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Appleton, United States of America
Clayton , Australia
Appleton, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America
's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch), Netherlands
Murfreesboro, United States of America