Bachelor's in Coastal and Marine ManagementVHL University of Applied Sciences
About this program
This programme is partly in Dutch. A 4-week Dutch language course is available for German speaking students.
Bachelor's in Coastal and Marine Management
The sea, the coast, and you.
Are you socially engaged and adventurous? Do you find biology, economics, and/or geography fascinating subjects? Then dive into the world of Coastal and Marine Management. Many current developments are having an impact on nature; climate change, food challenges, and plastics in the ocean. Sea level rise has serious implications not only for the ecology of oceans but also for residents of coastal areas. How do we ensure plastic-free oceans and sustainable fishing? This study programme is aimed at ensuring that you work with all stakeholders to find solutions to these challenges.
Are you getting excited and want to know and learn much more about this topic? Then the Coastal and Marine Management programme is likely for you. Opportunities abound. Welcome to Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences.
- One of the general admission requirements for all our 4-year Bachelor study programmes is a secondary school diploma, which is equivalent to the Dutch HAVO diploma. Examples of equivalent levels are the International Baccalaureate diploma, Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or A-Levels.
- Mathematics as a major are highly recommended. Should the condition not be met, the possibility of the appropriate level is to be proven in the first year of study.
- Dutch at B2 level GER. A language course is available.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check our website for more information.
During your studies, your desired job is the Focus. We use competency-based instruction that will teach you expertise, skills, and rules of conduct for those at the start of your professional career. You're not just learning books and lectures, but applying your knowledge also in practice. You will be working in a team on projects from professional practice during the course of study to prepare you for your future.
Points of Focus
- Internships abroad
- High-tech facilities
- Field research
- Practical instruction
- Real stakes Personal contact
- Tution fee for EU: € 2314 a year*
- Tution fee for non-EU: € 8900 a year
*The Dutch government is halving tuition fees for first-year EU Bachelor students in higher education. Those who meet the conditions will pay only € 1,157 in the first year.
The conclusion at the end of the degree is the Bachelor of Science, which is recognized throughout Europe. It corresponds qualitatively to the degree in German universities of applied sciences.
- Researcher applied biology
- Coastal Security Advisor
- Fisheries clerk
- Sustainable Energy Project Manager
- Junior Policy Advisor
- Project Manager Marine Research
- Ecological Advisor
- Employee Education & Communication at a conservation organization
As a graduate of the Coastal and Marine management has the world at your feet. After your studies, you can go to the national as well as international market.
Message the school
About this institute
Building your world
At VHL, we prepare you to build your own world. To make a real change. On topics that really matter. Like food safety, climate change, the circular economy and animal welfare. How do we do this? With Bachelors and Masters...
Why study at VHL University of Applied Sciences
Do you want to contribute to a more sustainable world and work on your personal development? Study at Van Hall Larenstein, the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands! We offer a range of unique English-taught Bachelor, Master and Certificate programs in fields in which the Netherlands is at the top. So whether you are interested in nutrition or international trade, working with animals, or want to work on the United Nations Sustainability Goals, we have the right program for you!
- Small-scale university of applied sciences with personal attention
- Sustainable thinking and doing: Make a difference!
- Practical lessons in experimental farms, gardens, and tech-labs
- International internships incorporated within the programs
- Professional orientation with guest lectures, excursions and real life cases
- Unique study programs in fields in which the Netherlands is a frontrunner
VHL University of Applied Sciences
Want to know more about Bachelor's in Coastal and Marine Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!