About this program
Master in AI and Automation
Are you interested in the latest technologies and software – and in working within a challenging field that is constantly developing? Earn a degree in production technology with a unique combination of specialisations: AI and automation. We focus on applied learning, so you’ll get a lot of hands-on work in an industry-like environment in addition to your academic learning. You’ll work in University West’s renowned physical lab. Additionally, you’ll collaborate with industry through real project work. This fully English-taught, two-year programme prepares you for a future career as a researcher or as an automation engineer who implements new concepts in a company.
You will be considered for admission to the Master in AI and Automation programme if you fulfil the following entry requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and management or equivalent. Additionally, the degree must be comprised of a minimum of 5 credits in programming and 15 credits in mathematics.
English Language Requirement
The English language requirement is the equivalent of English studies at the upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden. Check the university's website for more information about English language requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, 7.5 credits
- Programming (students without a background in computer science) or /Mechatronics (students with a background in computer science), 7.5 credits
- Sensor Technology and Image Analysis, 7.5 credits
- Data Processing and Analysis, 7.5 credits
- Deep Learning, 7.5 credits
- Project Work: Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, 7.5 credits
- Introduction to Automation, 7.5 credits
- Optimal Control, 7.5 credits
- AI and Multi-agent Automation, 7.5 credits
- Sustainable Automation, 7.5 credits
- Autonomous Robots, 7.5 credits
- Human-AI Interaction, 7.5 credits
- Master’s Thesis Project (with research centre or industry partner), 30 credits
- Lectures (20%)
- Seminars (5%)
- Practical/group work (30%)
- Independent work or self-study (20%)
- Thesis work (25%)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee for 2021/2022 - SEK 130,000 (approx. €12,500) per year
Students with citizenship in countries outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees for university studies in Sweden.
Upon completion of this master’s programme you will receive a Master of Production Technology (MSc, 120 credits) with a specialisation in AI and Automation.
This programme helps you build a strong foundation in the field and develop the qualifications you need to pursue your PhD in the broader fields of production technology.
After graduation, you will be eligible to continue studying as a PhD student at University West or at other universities in Sweden and abroad.
With the development of the Internet of Things and the transition to Industry 4.0, many sectors now realise the importance and potential of AI and automation. AI and automation can support the increased need for flexible and highly automated production. Your studies are founded on the needs of leading companies operating in this sector.
The industry needs engineers like you who understand:
- Flexible and sustainable automation
- AI and machine learning
- Sensor technologies
- Distributed systems
- Data mining and analysis
About this institute
University West is a modern university offering programmes that are in close collaboration with working life in an attractive, modern study environment. The university has about 15,000 students and 625 employees. The campus is centrally located in the town of...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...