Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
"Basic BSN" is an on-campus BSN option for students who want to become a registered nurse and earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The school accepts up to 48 students into the nursing major each year. The University of Wyoming Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing boasts a "small school" atmosphere. Learning facilities include state-of-the-art classrooms and Clinical Simulation Center. While classes are based in Laramie, clinical sites are mainly in Laramie and Cheyenne with travel being the responsibility of the students. The capstone practicum in the spring semester of the senior year may require a student to travel to and/or live in one of our Wyoming communities for clinical placement.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
BSN Program Expected Student Learning Outcomes
- Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Advance nursing practice related to patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice.
- Achieve optimal individual, family, group, community, and population outcomes guided by clinical reasoning and appraisal of evidence of best practice.
- Demonstrate effective leadership through heightened self-awareness to empower others in the attainment of optimal patient outcomes.
- Use mutually respectful communication, collaboration, and leadership skills within interprofessional teams in the management of care in diverse, complex, global, and dynamic healthcare systems.
- Participate as a nursing professional in the development and implementation of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory entities, including local, state, national, and global healthcare trends.
- Provide patient centered care by reflecting on the uniqueness of an individual patient’s background, personal preferences, culture, values, traditions, and family which promotes optimal health outcomes by involving patients and families as they make clinical care decisions.
- Demonstrate respectful, efficient, safe, and well-coordinated transitions of the patient through all levels of care.
- Provide respectful, efficient, safe and well-coordinated patient-centered care to populations by reflecting on beliefs, values, attitudes, and practices.
- Model professionalism with consistent demonstration of core values evidenced by nurses working with others to achieve optimal health and wellness outcomes in patients, families, and populations by wisely applying principles of altruism, excellence, caring, ethics, respect, communication, professional engagement, lifelong learning, and accountability.
- Encourage evidence-based health promotion and make a positive contribution to immediate and long-term health status, through the provision of education to individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations that encourages healthy behaviors and choices, prevention of disease, protection from preventable illness and disastrous emergencies.
Following are just a sprinkling of possible nurse careers for you to explore:
- Case Manager
- County Health Offices
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency Room NurseNurse
- ResearcherFlight Trauma Team Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Armed Services Nurse
- Home Health Nurse
- Traveling Nurse
- School Nurse
- Nurse Consultant
- Hospital Floor Nurse
- Nursing Home Nurse
- Obstetrics Nurse
- Physician's Office Nurse
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Public Health Nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Corporate Nurse
- Mental Health Care Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
About this institute
University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in the safe and inviting college town of Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is a community located about two hours north of the large, metropolitan city of Denver, Colorado. Laramie is nestled in a valley at...
Want to know more about Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America