Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The program of study outlined in the curriculum has been planned to provide the depth of understanding necessary to meet challenges of changing technology while being flexible enough to allow students to pursue in-depth study in at least one area of electrical engineering. In order to attain this, students are required to gain an understanding of mathematics and the basic engineering sciences. The fundamental electrical engineering education consists of courses in circuits, networks, electromagnetics, electronics, digital systems, communications, controls and energy conversion. Selection of elective courses, in consultation with the academic adviser, enables students to specialize in the above mentioned areas, as well as in robotics, microcircuits, microprocessors and high frequency electronics.
Laboratory work associated with electrical engineering courses is an important part of the curricula. This work helps students gain experience in applying the theoretical knowledge they acquire to practical engineering problems. Engineering design is an important component of the curriculum that concludes with a significant design experience in the senior year. Additional programs are described below.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- GRE verbal percentile minimum of 45 percent. GRE quantitative percentile minimum of 65 percent.
- TOEFL total of 79 iBT or IELTS total 6.5.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Circuits and Signals
- Digital Systems Design
- Signals And Systems
- Electronics I
- Electronics II
- Electric Machines and Power Systems
- Engineering Honors Program Research Methods
- C++ with Numerical Methods for Engineers
- Probabilistic Signals and Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Network Synthesis
- Introduction to Microwave and RF Circuits
- Electronic Systems Design
- Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- Hardware Digital Signal Processing
- VLSI Design
- Communication Theory
- Hardware Descriptive Language (HDL) Digital Design
- Power Systems
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Automatic Control Systems
- Honors Automatic Control Systems
- Senior Design I
- Senior Design II
- Computer Network Hardware
- Advanced Microprocessors
- Systems Theory
- Introduction to Microwave & RF Circuits
- Advanced Electronic Systems Design
- Advanced Semiconductor Material and Devices
- Optoelectronic Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- Digital VLSI Design
- Computer Architecture
- Introduction To Robotics
- Neural and Fuzzy Systems
- 3-D Computer Vision
- Topics in Robotics
- Probabilistic Robotics
- Convex Optimization
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Random Processing Theory
- Digital Image Processing
- Spectral Analysis
- Advanced Image Processing
- Adaptive Filters and Signal Processing
- Object and Pattern Recognition
- System Identification
- Digital Image Formation
- Power Engineering
- Digital Control Systems
- Non Linear Systems
- Problems In Electrical Engineering
- Special Topics in Electrical Engineering
- Practicum in College Teaching
- Continuing Registration: On Campus
- Continuing Registration: Off Campus
- Enrichment Studies
- Thesis Research
- Dissertation Research
About this institute
University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in the safe and inviting college town of Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is a community located about two hours north of the large, metropolitan city of Denver, Colorado. Laramie is nestled in a valley at...
Want to know more about Electrical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates