Economics and Finance
The science of efficient allocation, economics has much to offer students in the way of general and specialized preparation for positions in business, as well as government and the academic profession.
All Business Economics majors must comply with requirements of the advanced business standing prerequisites for enrollment in upper-division courses and must complete the common body of knowledge courses as listed previously.
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Admission to the economics program is granted to students who show high promise of success. Candidates of high promise generally have a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or better (A=4.000) and score above 300 (for MS) and 310 (for PhD) combined on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE, with particular emphasis on strong quantitative and analytical scores. Such scores and grades do not guarantee admission.
The TOEFL is required for international students in accordance with University rules.
The Department of Economics requires that students have completed courses in intermediate micro and macro theory (ECON 3010, 3020 or equivalent), statistics, and 6 hours of introductory calculus (MATH 2200, 2205 or equivalent) for the MS program. A course in linear algebra (MATH 2050) is required for the PhD program.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Global Economic Issues
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Economics, Law and Government
- Oil: Business, Culture, and Power
- Sports Economics
- Introduction to Money and Banking
- High Country Economics
- Economics of the Environment
- The Impact of the Union Pacific on Wyoming History
- Topics in Economics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Energy Markets & Policy
- Economics Internship/Research
- Managerial Economics
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Intermediate Econometric Theory
- Evolution of Economic Ideas
- Game Theory
- Seminar in Economics
- Mathematical Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Natural Resource Economics
- Seminar: Economics for ENR
- Energy Economics
- Monetary Theory
- Public Economics
- Computational Economics
- Economic Development
- Why Economies Succeed and Fail
- International Trade
- International Economics and Policy
- Labor Economics
- Industrial Organization and Public Policy
- Public Utility Economics
- Problems in Economics
- Special Topics in Economics
- Advanced Macroeconomic Analysis
- Advanced Microeconomic Analysis
- Advanced Topics in Economic Theory
- Advanced Analysis II-Microeconomics
- Dynamic Optimization
- Research Methods
- Advanced Mathematical Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Advanced Econometric Theory I
- Advanced Econometric Theory II
- Advanced Econometric Theory III
- Experimental Methods in Economics
- Advanced Resource and Environmental Economics
- Seminar in Advanced Resource and Environmental Economics
- Advanced Public Economics
- Financial Economics I
- Financial Economics II
- Advanced Economic Development
- Advanced International Economics
- Advanced Regional Analysis
- Advanced Industrial Organization and Public Policy
- Empirical Industrial Organization
- Seminar in Advanced Economics
- Practicum in College Teaching
- Continuing Registration: On Campus
- Continuing Registration: Off Campus
- Enrichment Studies
- Thesis Research
About this institute
University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in the safe and inviting college town of Laramie, Wyoming. Laramie is a community located about two hours north of the large, metropolitan city of Denver, Colorado. Laramie is nestled in a valley at...
Want to know more about Economics and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
New York City, United States of America