About this program
BSc (Hons) Physical Education
This degree has been specifically designed to meet the changing needs of the Physical Education profession and has a broad range of modules that will prepare you for a career in teaching or supporting the delivery of Physical Education and extra-curricular activities.
The course is delivered by a large team of highly experienced and enthusiastic Physical Education practitioners, committed to ensuring a quality experience that will provide you with the tools to become an effective and employable graduate. Throughout the course, you will take part in lectures, seminars, practical workshops and work placements, gaining valuable experience in primary and secondary schools and other community settings.
You will have numerous opportunities to supplement the course with a range of National Governing Body awards, helping you extend your knowledge and understanding further. You will also have the option of studying abroad, spending a semester with one of our international partner universities.
The degree content will ensure that you graduate with key knowledge of the delivery of all areas of the Physical Education National Curriculum, as well as the application of pedagogical practice. Progressing from this course, you will be in a strong position to apply for a Qualified Teacher Status course such as the Post Graduate Certificate of Education, or to move onto one of our Master's courses.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
112 UCAS Tariff points (for example, BBC at A Level), and GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above
A Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this course.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Physical Education
- Scientific Principles in Teaching and Coaching
- Dance and Gymnastics in Primary Schools
- Adapted Physical Activity, Sport and Disability
- OAA in the Curriculum
- Physical Activity, Health and Games
- Optional language modules
- Learning and Teaching through Games
- Advanced Scientific Principles in Teaching and Coaching
- Creating Successful Research
- Teaching Special Education Needs and Disability PE in Schools
- Teaching Gymnastics in Secondary Schools
- Teaching Dance in Secondary Schools
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Swimming, Lifesaving and risk
- Optional language modules
- Independent Research Project in Physical Education
- School-Based Placement
- Professional Placement
- The Developing Child in Sport
- 14-19 PE and Sport
- Leading and Developing PE in Primary School
- Contemporary issues in disability sports coaching and PE
- Analysing Social Issues in Sport
- Group Dynamics in Sport
- Engaging young people in physical activity
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
You are taught through a combination of interactive lectures, seminars and practical workshops. These approaches enable the discussion and development of understanding of topics covered, through group work, question and answer, planning tasks, sharing of ideas, presentations, etc. whilst also developing subject specific skills.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fees for part-time: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £13,100 per year.
A high number of graduates go on to study a Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) either for secondary Physical Education teaching or Primary teaching. However the content of the course develops a wide range of employability skills, enabling Graduates to enter into a broad range of different professions including, Sports Administration Development, Sports Activity Leader, Social Media Marketing Co-ordinator; Sports and Disability Inclusion Coach; Recruitment Consultant Specialist and many more.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Be the first to write a review!