BSc (Hons) Health Psychology
Health Psychology deals with the impact of psychology on the motivations, thoughts and feelings underpinning human health related behaviours.
At Worcester, this degree focuses on how you can apply the knowledge of psychology to promote healthier lifestyles. You'll explore ways to facilitate positive behaviour change to help people lose weight or stop smoking, for example.
Through understanding the application of health psychology you will also gain skills that can be applied to improving the healthcare system and supporting people to manage chronic health and illness.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
112 UCAS points (for example, BBC at A Level)
And GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introducing Psychology
- Investigating Psychology
- Professional Skills and Practice
- Applied Psychology 1: Performance, Health and Wellbeing
- Applied Psychology 2: Forensic and Therapeutic Settings
- Optional language modules
- Cognitive Neuroscience and Biological Approaches
- The Individual and the Social World
- Research Skills in Psychology
- Psychology in the Real World
- Evolution and Human Behaviour
- Applied Psychological Science
- Optional language modules
- Psychology Research Project
- Health Psychology in Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Business Psychology
- Coaching Psychology
- Counselling Skills in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Living with Long Term Conditions
- Social Cognition & Emotion
- Understanding Trauma & Violence
- Negotiated Topics in Psychology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Students are taught through a combination of different learning and teaching methods. Lectures allow for the presentation and introduction of key topics, including both traditional and contemporary sources, which allow students to begin their learning. This is then supported by seminars that enable the discussion and development of understanding of topics covered in lectures. Subject specific skills are the focus of practical classes and workshops (for example, understanding statistical data analysis).
- Tuition fee for full-time: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fees for part-time: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £13,100 per year.
We support you in developing the skills that will open doors in a range of sectors, including health, business, counselling, forensics, education and sport. Communication, problem solving, critical thinking, team working, and data collection and analysis are just some of the skills that will increase your appeal to employers.
The BSc Heath Psychology program would specifically provide opportunities for careers in: Academia; NHS Physical or Mental Health Care Services; Public Health; leading health initiatives such Diabetes Prevention programs; working in Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT); Stop Smoking services; Private Practice.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Health Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...