BSc (Hons) Clinical Psychology
Clinical Psychology will give you an insight into mental health and the promotion of psychological wellbeing. This is done through the study of physical and mental health problems including addiction, depression, anxiety, relationship issues and developmental disorders.
At Worcester our courses have been designed to develop you as the psychologist of the future. From innovative and career-focussed assessments to understanding the challenges global societies will face in the future, your course will equip you with the skills and aptitude to make a difference.
Whatever your course (business, clinical, counselling, forensic, psychology or sport and exercise psychology), you will be taught by specialist practitioners whose work is underpinned by contemporary research. All courses are also accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), putting you in a great position when you’re starting your career.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
112 UCAS Tariff points (for example, BBC at A Level)
And GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introducing Psychology
- Investigating Psychology
- Professional Skills and Practice
- Applied Psychology 2: Forensic and Therapeutic Settings
- Applied Psychology 1: Performance, Health and Wellbeing
- Optional language modules
- Cognitive Neuroscience and Biological Approaches
- The Individual and the Social World
- Research Skills in Psychology
- Psychology in the Real World
- Evolution and Human Behaviour
- Applied Psychological Science
- Optional language modules
- Psychology Research Project
- Clinical Psychology in Practice
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Business Psychology
- Coaching Psychology
- Counselling Skills in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Living with Long Term Conditions
- Social Cognition & Emotion
- Understanding Trauma & Violence
- Negotiated Topics in Psychology
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Students are taught through a combination of different learning and teaching methods. Lectures allow for the presentation and introduction of key topics, including both traditional and contemporary sources, which allow students to begin their learning. This is then supported by seminars that enable the discussion and development of understanding of topics covered in lectures. Subject specific skills are the focus of practical classes and workshops (for example, understanding statistical data analysis).
- Tuition fee for full-time: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fees for part-time: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £13,100 per year.
You will have the opportunity to gain Graduate Basis for Chartership Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society – your first step to a career as a psychologist.
We support you in developing the skills that will open doors in a range of sectors, including health, business, counselling, forensics, education and sport. Communication, problem solving, critical thinking, team working, and data collection and analysis are just some of the skills that will increase your appeal to employers.
Clinical psychologists are in demand, in areas such as:
- National Health Service
- Prison Service
- Expert Witnesses and the Legal System
- Educational Settings
- Social Services
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Clinical Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...