BA (Hons) Theatre, Acting & Performance
Whether your ambitions are on stage or backstage, Theatre, Acting & Performance at Worcester is all about practical work. You learn theory through practice - in a wide range of venues, including our own drama studios, other local arts or theatre venues, unusual spaces such as nightclubs or disused churches, festivals, outdoor spaces and gardens. If you choose to, you can also have a work placement with a theatre, school or production company, or work within modules with youth or community groups, such as people with learning disabilities
As well as developing your acting skills, devising or writing your own performances and staging existing plays, you'll also cover the technical and practical side of the theatre experience, learning how to rig a light, for example. Furthermore, your wider study of the subject can prepare you for a wide range of careers alongside one in theatre (acting, directing, writing or technical theatre), such as teaching, or youth and community work.
112 UCAS Tariff points (single and joint honours)
Including a Level 3 qualification in a related subject such as Drama, Theatre Studies, Performing Arts, English, Film Studies and Media Studies. If you are unsure if your qualifications are relevant, please contact the Admissions office. If you are a mature student returning to education, experience is taken into account as well as qualifications.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Devising and Physical Theatre
- Plays, Acting and Contexts
- Visual Storytelling
- Acting Skills
- Theatre, Design & Production
- Theatre & Communities
- Optional language modules
- Directed Public Performance: Research and Development
- Directed Public Performance: Process, Production, Performance
- Applied Theatre
- Plays and Playwrights: British Theatre in Times of Change
- Devising and Adaptation
- Theatre & Digital Media
- Music Theatre
- Making Theatrical Space
- Choreography and Performance
- Theatre, Real Lives and History
- Directors and Directing
- Physical Theatre
- Either a Final Public Performance or an Independent Research Project
- Site Specific Performance
- Contemporary Performance Practices
- Theatre and Learning Disability
- Staging Shakespeare Today
- New Voices in Contemporary British Theatre
- Work Placement
- Writing for Performance
- Theatre for Young Audiences
- Theatre and Education
- Sexuality in Performance
- Scenography: Specialist Project
- Professional Practice
- Dance Styles
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
You are taught through a combination of practical workshops, lectures and seminars. The course aims to teach theory through practice so your practical work is integrated with reference to relevant texts and journals and lectures providing a context for each module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fees for part-time: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £13,100 per year.
There are excellent career opportunities for our graduates. These are both in drama-related areas, such as theatre, education, and the media, and in a wide range of other fields of employment made accessible through skills learned on the course in presentation, performance, critical thinking and writing.
Past students are now working as actors, producers, stage managers and directors for employers across the areas of theatre, TV, radio and film. Teaching and lecturing are very popular career choices for our graduates, as are arts administration and marketing.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Theatre, Acting & Performance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America