BA (Hons) Journalism and Media & Culture
By studying Journalism and Media & Culture in combination, you will have opportunities to explore journalism as it is practised in today's world alongside gaining broader, contextual understanding of the media and contemporary culture.
Both subject areas enable you to benefit from your lecturers' cutting edge research and industry practice in aspects of journalism, media and culture - from 'green' computer games and popular music to perceptions of women newsreaders and online, citizen journalism. If you are interested in journalism as part of our wider contemporary culture of communication, and in the ways that media communication at once reflect and shape today's world, then Journalism and Media & Culture, with their mix of practical, hands-on learning and academic study, may be well be an ideal program for you.
104 UCAS Tariff points
Candidates should have good English Language skills. The IELTS score for international applicants to Joint Honours is 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Journalism
- Introduction to Digital Techniques
- Journalism Law and Ethics
- Studying Media and Culture
- Digital Cultures
- Journalism, Law, Ethics and Society
- Magazine Journalism
- Sports Journalism
- Reporting Politics (1)
- Developing your Media Career
- Digital Reporting Techniques
- Intermediate Feature Writing
- Practical Journalism Skills
- Available Light Photography
- Commercial Studio Photography
- Digital Photography
- Media and Social Change
- Gender, Philosophy and Popular Fiction
- Crime and the Media
- Work Project
- Beyond the Mainstream: Identity and Diversity in Film and TV
- Social Media
- Optional language modules
- Reporting Politics (2)
- Work Placement
- Broadcast Research Skills
- Advanced Journalism (Theory and Practice)
- Advanced Print Production
- Negotiated Project
- Live Radio News Production
- Live Television News Production
- Live New Production (Radio & TV)
- Documentary Photography
- TV Times
- Extension Module
- War, Democracy and the Media
- Green Media
- Commercial Applications of Social Media
- Immersive Media: Virtual Spaces, Experiences and Techniques
- Pornography and Modern Culture
- Independent Research Project
- Tuition fee for full-time: £9,250 per year.
- Tuition fees for part-time: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time: £13,100 per year.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The Journalism aspect of this course will provide you with practical skills to work as a journalist or researcher, or in related communications jobs such as those in public relations. You will be well placed to progress to postgraduate study in journalism or in a wide range of other areas, and in a wide range of careers to which communication skills are central, including marketing and public relations, publishing, media and journalism, business and industry, charities and public administration.
Students have found employment in the following areas: radio presenting, both local and national, media research, journalism, event organising, media planning, television, theatre, marketing, public relations, campaigns, teaching and further study.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Journalism and Media & Culture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...