BA (Hons) Human Geography with International Year Abroad
Our Human Geography with International Year Abroad program provides you with an exciting opportunity to study abroad with one of our International Partners. This four-year program has the same structure as our BA Human Geography course, but you will spend your third year studying Human Geography at an English speaking university and return to Worcester for your fourth and final year.
Study abroad locations include a range of European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan or the USA. You will be hosted by a partner university and you will be able to choose freely from across their course offerings in Human Geography. During your year abroad, you will enjoy the diverse learning opportunities of your host institution and the cultural and travel opportunities offered by your destination.
Spending a year living and studying in another country is a fantastic experience that will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Explore a new country and experience different cultures
- Broaden your academic horizons and gain a new perspective on your studies
- Improve your career prospects by gaining new skills and increasing your employability by preparing you for the global job market
- Develop your social skills, make new friends and participate in sports and activities in a different environment
- Improve your foreign language skills or learn a new language.
Chat live with students from UoW
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Worcester? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
104-120 UCAS Tariff points
The University will consider each application on its individual merits and will recognise a range of qualifications not currently included in the Tariff, including pre-2002 qualifications such as GNVQ.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Geographical Investigations
- Risk and Resilience
- People and Place
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Geographical Information Systems and Research Methods
- Rural-Urban Geographies
- Geography Residential Field Course
- Contemporary Issues in Human Geography
- Heritage Tourism and Place Promotion
- Geographies of Development
- Climate Change: Science and Policy
- Optional language modules
Your third year is spent abroad at a partner university in Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Australia or New Zealand.
- Dissertation in Human Geography
- Changing Places Field Course
- Professional Placement for Geographers
- Political Geography
- Countryside Conservation and Agricultural Change
- Town and Country Planning
- Built Heritage Management
- Geographies and Disability
- Environment and Development in Sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Students are taught through a combination of fieldwork, seminars, presentations, tutorials, project work and online activities.
- Tuition fee for full-time students: £9,250 per year
- Tuition fee for part-time students: £1,156 per 15-credit module, £1,542 per 20 credit module, £2,313 per 30-credit module, £3,083 per 40-credit module, £3,469 per 45-credit module and £4,625 per 60 credit module.
- Tuition fee for full-time students: £13,100 per year
The course will prepare you for a range of interesting and diverse careers, including environmental consultancy, geographical information systems (GIS) management, local government and planning (e.g. town and country planning, regeneration managers, tourism officers, climate change development officers, data managers, community service managers), conservation, working with the wildlife trusts or Civil Service, research and teaching. Alternatively, you may wish to continue to postgraduate study and other professional qualifications. Many of our students choose a career in teaching and go on to further study on one of our PGCE courses in Geography here at the University of Worcester.
About this institute
University of Worcester
Founded in 1946, the University of Worcester is a public campus based university located in the charming city of Worcester - where lively city culture and idyllic rural beauty combine to offer the best of both worlds. The University of...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Human Geography with International Year Abroad? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Carson, United States of America
Honolulu, United States of America