Conflict and War (BA)University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Conflict and War (BA)
All available course dates
About this program
Conflict and War (BA)
This specialised course combines the history, philosophy and ethics of war. The degree is wide-ranging in its scope and will include studies drawn from the ancient world, the medieval, early modern and modern periods and across a broad range of subjects.
The Conflict and War programme introduces students to the history of warfare from the ancient world all the way through to the modern period. It considers the nature of warfare, the ethics and morality of killing, the literature of war and theories of war and strategy.
The degree is an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of an exciting subject through specialist modules and independent research, where you can further explore conflict according to your own personal interests.
Grades are important; however, our offers are not solely based on academic results. We are interested in creative people that demonstrate a strong commitment to their chosen subject area, and therefore we welcome applications from individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
To assess student suitability for their chosen course, we normally arrange interviews for all applicants at which your skills, achievements and life experience will be considered as well as your qualifications.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Relevant modules offered include:
- Age of Empire: The Colonial Project and the Humanities
- Age of Extremes: A World at War, c. 1914–1991
- Age of Revolution: Transformation and Change in Europe and Beyond, c. 1789–1848
- Archives: Practice and Operation (Roderic Bowen Library and Archives)
- Britain and the Great War
- Exploring Muslim Societies in the Modern World
- From Empire to Nation: Modern History of China
- How Soon Is Then? Thatcher, Reagan and the Legacies of the 1980s
- In the Beginning was Napoleon: State, Economy and Nation-Building in Europe, c. 1815–1914
- Islam in the West
- Putting the Past to Work: Heritage-Led Regeneration and Place-Making
- Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Understanding the Enlightenment
- The Modern Middle East: Religion, Culture and Politics
- The Political System of the People’s Republic of China
- Using the Past to Serve the Present: History, Historiography and Heritage in the Chinese World
- Warfare: Theory, Strategy and Ethics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022: £13,500
You will develop powers of analysis, logical thought and evidence-based argument within a supportive and encouraging environment. These skills of communication, understanding, analysis and self-management will provide you with a passport into employment and/or further study.
Modern History equips students for jobs in fields such as museum and archive work, journalism, law, banking, local politics, all types of administrative work, marketing and advertising, and teaching. At Lampeter, we have a strong track record of helping students progress to postgraduate study in Modern History – both at MA and PhD level.
Career routes for Conlifcy and War graduates include:
- Armed Forces
- Heritage (library, archives, museum, tourism)
- Law and advocacy
- Local government
- Postgraduate research
Message the school
About this institute
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
UWTSD is the oldest University in Wales and was founded in 1822. It has campuses in rural and city locations in the UK. The University’s main campuses are situated in various locations in and around Swansea’s city centre as well...
Want to know more about Conflict and War (BA)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina