Computing (Software Engineering) (BSc)
Computers are at the heart of modern life. Software engineers use their expertise to design and implement innovative computer-based products to enhance the way we live today and tomorrow.
Students that follow the course will learn to program, and how to design and develop new computer solutions and applications.
The course focuses on designing, implementing, testing and maintenance of high-quality software solutions. The student will focus on acquiring and using the expertise required by a professional programmer to create solutions to large and complex problems. The expertise and skills you develop from engineering software solutions as part of a team is highly regarded by employers.
BSc Computing (Software Engineering) - Three Years Full-Time
104 UCAS tariff points (previously 260) to include:
- Two C grades at A-Level/AVCE; or
- BTEC National Diploma grades Pass, Pass, Pass; or
- BTEC National Certificate grades Merit, Pass; or
- NVQ Level 3 - Pass
Subjects at Advanced Level should include ICT, Computing, Maths, Physics or similar. GCSE Maths grade C or above is preferred.
For more information, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 0 modules - BSc 4 year entry
- Academic Skills
- Analysing and Solving Problems
- Integrating Project
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introcution to Computer Systems
- Introduction to Mathematics and Science
Year 1 modules - BSc
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Web and Database Concepts
- Learning In the Digital Era
- Networks and Cyber Security Essentials
- Software Development
Year 2 modules - BSc
- Advanced Software Development
- Changemakers: Creativity and Value Creation
- Databases and Application Development
- Data Security and Compliance
- Network Operating Systems and Services
- Software Engineering Principles and Testing
Year 3 modules - BSc
- Independent Project
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Cloud-Based Web Services
- Emerging Trends
- Socket Programming and Concurrency
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for 2021/2022: £13,500
Our graduates have excellent employment prospects in the computing, teaching, lecturing and ICT industry, as well as in other areas of the economy. Recent statistics show that the vast majority are following their chosen career paths within six months of graduating.
Graduates would seek positions as, for example: Physics Programmer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Tester and IT Build Manager.
About this institute
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
UWTSD is the oldest University in Wales and was founded in 1822. It has campuses in rural and city locations in the UK. The University’s main campuses are situated in various locations in and around Swansea’s city centre as well...
Want to know more about Computing (Software Engineering) (BSc)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America