Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Marketing ManagementUniversity of Tasmania
Master of Marketing Management
Take the next step in your marketing career and get a real-world advantage by completing an internship while studying.
Our academics are leading researchers in consumer behaviour, retailing, arts and culture, corporate reputation management, value chain and service innovation. You’ll benefit from their connections with industry and ability to bring theory to life with real-life case studies.
You can also complete a Corporate Internship or Workplace Project while studying. This gives you the chance to put what you’ve been learning into practice and gain an edge in job market.
You’ll choose one of four streams:
New to marketing? This stream will get you beyond the buzzwords and give you a strong understanding of marketing principals and strategies that won’t go out of style.
NOTE: The Fundamental Units stream is compulsory for students without a Marketing background.
With a focus on sales, business to business marketing, analytics, and brand management this stream will teach you how to develop and implement a sales marketing strategy and then evaluate its success.
As global business continues to grow, understanding marketing in all cultures is essential. This stream will develop your marketing skills in a global context.
An entrepreneurial mindset is an asset in our modern economy. This stream will teach you to how to develop fit-for-purpose marketing strategies to take entrepreneurism to the next level.
Looking for something more advanced?
We also offer a two-year Master of Marketing Management (Advanced) in which you can complete a research project as part of your studies.
Our graduates are equipped and inspired to shape and respond to the opportunities and challenges of the future as accomplished communicators, highly regarded professionals and culturally competent citizens in local, national, and global society. Graduates acquire subject and multidisciplinary knowledge and skills and develop critical and creative literacies and skills of inquiry. Our graduates recognise and critically evaluate issues of social responsibility, ethical conduct and sustainability.
For admission to the Master of Marketing Management, students need to have:
- Completed an undergraduate degree of an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution.
International students must provide one of the following:
- UTASAccess Level 7 with a minimum overall score of 65% and no individual skill below 60%; or
- An IELTS score with an overall Band of 6.5 and no band less than 6; or
- A TOEFL (iBT) overall score of 88 (no individual skill must be lower than: Reading 16; Listening 16; Speaking 18; and, Writing 22) or
- A PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no score lower than 50, or
- Provide evidence that you have studied for 2 years full-time with English as the sole medium of instruction and examination.
These tests must not be more than 24 months old.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Services Marketing
- New Product and Service Development
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Market Research and Decision-Making
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Marketing Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Apply advanced knowledge of marketing philosophy, theories, and principles, over a variety of contexts and timeframes to evaluate and reflect upon marketing problems and opportunities.
- Use advanced marketing communication skills (written and oral); articulate and defend a position, persuade an audience, and negotiate a win-win outcome with diverse audiences across different cultures.
- Analyse and think critically to innovatively solve complex marketing problems; including collecting and analysing data, generating information, developing solutions to marketing problems, and making decisions using creative strategic thinking.
- Apply advanced personal and interpersonal skills; work independently or in collaboration with diverse stakeholders; build and manage effective work relationships; take responsibility for their own work and personal presentation.
- Plan and implement multiple marketing projects and use advanced leadership skills to deliver projects within specified deadlines while considering scheduling, time management, and ethical and sustainable practice.
Marketing is at the centre of what makes any business successful, so it’s crucial for leaders in an organisation to know how and why it works. This advanced marketing degree will prepare you for mid to senior level roles in marketing management or general management.
Examples of roles this course will prepare you for include:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand and/or Product Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Research Analyst
- Sales Executive
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Account Manager
- Advertising Manager
About this institute
University of Tasmania
Tasmania is a place unlike any other. Our island is a living laboratory where environment, industry and society are uniquely connected. With 45% of the island being National Park or World Heritage listed it is a stunning place to get...
Why study at University of Tasmania
Australia ranked #2 study abroad country
Australia has been ranked the #2 study abroad country in the world for 2020! With everything from the tranquility of the Gold Coast beaches to the adventure of the Australian Alps, take a trip “Down Under” and discover why Australia is a great choice for an exceptional study abroad experience.
Tasmania is unique and so are Tasmanians. We believe in our island. We embrace the unusual. And we love imagination.
From our vibrant cities to the stillness of our World Heritage-listed wilderness, our incredible island is a place of contrasts – and we embrace its character in everything we do.
We offer great courses in an extraordinary location, and our teaching is supported by world-leading research, so you know you’re getting direct access to the best expertise. We’re the only university in the state, which means you will get unparalleled access to industry connections through our institution’s partnerships.
Want to know more about Master of Marketing Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Gran Canaria, Spain