MSc Sustainable Finance and AccountingUniversity of Sussex Business School
About this program
MSc Sustainable Finance and Accounting
Environmental, social and governance issues are now a major factor in investment. This creates rapid growth in accounting and finance careers with a specific focus on sustainability.
This MSc is designed in line with recommendations by major professional bodies, including Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI). On this course, you’ll:
- expand your skills in environmental accounting, corporate governance, and climate and green finance
- explore the role of accounting and finance in the growing integration of sustainability and accountability practices
- develop valuable skills, including breaking down complex problems, decision-making under uncertainty, intercultural communication and awareness of the business context.
You’ll be taught by world-class researchers and enthusiastic teachers in the University of Sussex Business School. Our research strengths are:
- corporate reporting and sustainability, governance and social responsibility
- climate finance
- energy policy.
Benefitting from the expertise at our SPRU – Science Policy Research Unit, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore policies on sustainability development in the corporate world.
We also offer this MSc with an optional professional placement year.
You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
Your qualification should be in a subject which has a basic coverage of accounting and finance. Candidates with degrees in economics, business or management will also be considered on a case by case basis. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
English language requirements
Standard level (6.0 overall, including at least 5.5 in each component).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Accounting, Organisations and Society
- Sustainability Accounting and Reporting
- Sustainable Business Finance
- Sustainable Development: Politics and Policies
- Accountability and Ethics
- Climate Finance
- Research Methods for Accounting and Finance
- Research Project (MSc Sustainable Finance and Accounting)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Home students: £12,750 per year for full-time students
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £12,750 per year for full-time students
- International students: £22,500 per year for full-time students
The course looks at the global nature of sustainability in the context of accounting and finance.
You’ll understand the role of accounting and finance in meeting the key challenges surrounding sustainability development goals, climate finance, environmental reporting and corporate governance. You’ll be prepared for rewarding and socially beneficial employment in sustainability-related accounting and finance roles.
As a graduate, you can pursue careers in a wide range of sectors. This could include roles in local and national government, NGOs, global organisations, business and industry, such as:
- ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) analyst, or transparency and ESG reporting manager
- sustainability reporting manager
- sustainable debt analyst or sustainable innovation associate.
This degree can also be helpful to get into research roles in climate finance or early career roles in sustainability management.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Sussex Business School
At the University of Sussex Business School, we seek to address some of the key challenges facing the modern world, from climate change to the evolving world of work. The current range and quality of our expertise places us at...
Want to know more about MSc Sustainable Finance and Accounting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!