MSc Marketing and Consumer PsychologyUniversity of Sussex Business School
About this program
MSc Marketing and Consumer Psychology
Consumer psychology is the key to understanding how consumers behave. It plays an important role in many aspects of marketing. Insights into consumer psychology enable organisations to design innovative, value-adding products and to create effective communications in marketing campaigns.
You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
Your qualification can be in any subject. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
English language requirements
Standard level (6.0 overall, including at least 5.5 in each component).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Buyer Behaviour
- Classic and Contemporary Social Psychology
- Marketing Ethics and Society
- Research Skills in Psychology
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Advanced Research Skills in Psychology
- Applying Psychology in Business and Policy Contexts
- Contemporary Consumer Research Applications
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- Home students: £12,750 per year for full-time students
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £12,750 per year for full-time students
- International students: £22,500 per year for full-time students
On this MSc, you’ll learn to:
- evaluate the theories, concepts, tools and models used in marketing practice and understanding consumer decision making
- apply consumer psychology theories to interpret consumer behaviour
- use analytical skills to assess the choices consumers make
- make informed judgements on the use of key analytical and decision-making techniques in developing and appraising marketing strategies.
You’ll benefit from the academic expertise and industry experience in the School of Psychology and the University of Sussex Business School.
Your studies culminate in a research project that bridges marketing and psychology. On graduation, you’ll be prepared for a range of careers – whether you want to work in marketing, or apply psychological theories to the business world.
Our Marketing and Consumer Psychology MScprepares you for a range of careers – from marketing to applying psychological theories to the business world. This may include:
Marketing research and customer/client insights
- complex services in, for example, health, education and finance
- specialist insight and consulting companies
- international businesses
Marketing, media and advertising
- executive marketing/sales in a broad range of sectors
- specialist media and advertising companies
Branding, products and merchandising
- research, design and innovation
- specialist areas such as merchandising
Management, HR, client/account management
- showcase application of skills and knowledge to areas outside of marketing
- business development and account directorship
- project management
- specialist areas such as loyalty marketing and CRM
- establishing own business
- working as a freelancer.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Sussex Business School
At the University of Sussex Business School, we seek to address some of the key challenges facing the modern world, from climate change to the evolving world of work. The current range and quality of our expertise places us at...
Want to know more about MSc Marketing and Consumer Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!