BSc (Hons) in Banking and Digital Finance (With a Professional Placement Year)University of Sussex Business School
About this program
BSc (Hons) in Banking and Digital Finance (With a Professional Placement Year)
Gain the specialised skills and knowledge today’s employers are looking for. On this BSc, you’ll gain the applied finance skills to thrive in a digitally advanced workplace. You’ll:
- develop an understanding of modern financial markets – from risk management and digital banking, to FinTech, blockchains and crypto assets
- gain a solid grounding in the principles of accounting and finance, and the theories of investments
- explore specific aspects of accounting and econometrics
- develop the programming skills you’ll need to work in digital banking and finance
- learn to make informed business decisions through real-world problem-solving exercises
- develop and understanding of the analytical aspects of banking and financial markets, crypto economies and banking operations.
In our Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in real-time financial and trading simulation, supervised by academic and industry experts.
You can tailor your degree to suit your career goals, by choosing options in areas such as data analytics, climate finance, and environmental and ethical funds. Our Academic Success Advisers can help you with academic study skills. You can also choose to spend time in the workplace or studying abroad.
Typical A-level offer: ABB-BBB
Contextual A-level offer: BBC-BCC
GCSEs: You must have GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics, with at least grade 6 (or grade B).We will also consider applicants with grade 5 in Maths if you are taking A-level Accounting, Business, Chemistry, Economics, Maths, Physics, Psychology, an LIBF Diploma in Financial Studies or Level 3 Certificate in Core Maths (grade B). AAT accounting qualifications can be used as an alternative to the grade 6 GCSE Maths requirement.You should also have a broad range of GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C), including good grades in relevant subjects.
Extended Project Qualification: We take the EPQ into account when considering your application and it can be useful in the summer when your results are released if you have narrowly missed the conditions of your offer. We do not routinely include the EPQ in the conditions of your offer but we sometimes offer alternative conditions that include the EPQ.
Typical offer: 30 -32 points overall from the full IB Diploma.
Typical offer: Overall result of at least 75% to 77%.
English language requirements
6.0 overall, including at least 5.11 in each component
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital, Data and Decision-Making Skills
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Introduction to Mathematics for Finance and Economics
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Introduction to Accounting, Finance
- Introduction to Economics for Accountants
- Introduction to Statistics
- Fintech and Financial Transformation
- Introduction to Econometrics (level 5)
- Programming in Finance
- Theory of Investments
- Principles of Banking
- Blockchains and Crypto Assets
- Financial Risk Management
- Digital Banking and FinTech
- Financial Derivatives
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Please visit the university website for more information about tuition fees
Recognised by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA).
At the University of Sussex Business School you benefit from extensive career support and business connections including
At the University of Sussex Business School you benefit from extensive career support and business connections including mentoring by employers, networking and guest lectures. On this degree, you develop fundamental knowledge in applied finance, as well as the required digital skills required by the banking and finance sector.
As a graduate, you’ll be equipped with the perfect combination of skills and knowledge – including ethical awareness, independent thinking, leadership, self-confidence and teamwork – employers are looking for. You’ll be well prepared to work in:
- corporate or public-sector finance
- investment or retail banking
- financial services
- risk analysis or portfolio management
- financial advising or consultancy
- FinTech, P2P and Blockchain finance.
The University campus is just one hour from London, so you can take advantage of our strong links with the financial hub in the City of London. There are many student societies you can join, including the Sussex Trading Society, where you can try your hand at investing in the markets. You can practise making informed business decisions, just as you might in your future workplace.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Sussex Business School
At the University of Sussex Business School, we seek to address some of the key challenges facing the modern world, from climate change to the evolving world of work. The current range and quality of our expertise places us at...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) in Banking and Digital Finance (With a Professional Placement Year)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!