Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MScUniversity of Surrey
Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MSc
All available course dates
Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MSc
How do we balance finite resources and infinite human ambition? Renewable energy systems are part of the solution.
Our Renewable Energy Systems MSc is ideal for graduates from engineering, science or other relevant backgrounds who have an interest in pursuing a successful career in research, technological change and the commercialisation of renewable-energy systems.
You’ll be taught by academics who are experts in their fields and have access to a range of exceptional facilities and resources.
Created in the context of the rapid advancement of the renewable-energy industry, our MSc in Renewable Energy Systems Engineering investigates both renewable energy and systems technologies.
Throughout your studies, you’ll have opportunities to learn about major renewable-energy technologies, energy-sector economics, supply-chain management and sustainable development.
This course is designed to build your competence and confidence in the research, development and engineering tasks that are demanded of scientific engineers in the renewable and sustainable-development sector.
A minimum of a 2:1 UK honours degree in either Chemistry, Engineering or Physics, or a recognised equivalent international qualification. We'll also consider relevant work experience if you don't meet these requirements.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing and 5.5 in each other element.
If you do not currently meet the level required for your programs, we offer intensive pre-sessional English language courses, designed to take you to the level of English ability and skill required for your studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MSc (Full-time and Part-time)
- Advanced process control
- Biological and tissue engineering
- Energy economics and technology
- Optimisation and decision making
- Process modelling and simulation
- Refinery and petrochemical processing
- Solar energy technology
- Sustainable development applications
- Technology, business & research seminars
- Transitions to a low carbon economy
- Biomass processing technology
- Economics of international oil and gas
- Introduction to petroleum production
- Knowledge based systems & artificial intelligence
- Process and energy integration
- Process safety and operations integrity
- Process systems design
- Supply chain management
- Wind energy technology
- Research dissertation (prise)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee UK/EU students: £10,300
- Tuition fee Overseas students: £21,700
- Tuition fee UK students: £5,200
- Tuition fee Overseas students: £10,900
- Tuition fee UK students: £10,600
- Tuition fee Overseas students: £22,400
- Tuition fee UK students: £5,300
- Tuition fee Overseas students: £11,200
Credits and ECTS Credits: 180 credits and 90 ECTS credits
- State-of-the-art knowledge in renewable energy technologies, in terms of: The sources, technologies, systems, performance, and applications of all the major types of renewable energy;
- State-of-the-art knowledge in renewable energy technologies, in terms of: Approaches to the assessment of renewable energy technologies;
- State-of-the-art knowledge in renewable energy technologies, in terms of: The processes, equipment, products, and integration opportunities of biomass-based manufacturing.
- State-of-the-art knowledge in process systems engineering methods, in the areas of: Modelling and Simulation of Process Systems
- State-of-the-art knowledge in process systems engineering methods, in the areas of: Mathematical Optimisation and Decision Making
- State-of-the-art knowledge in process systems engineering methods, in the areas of: Process Systems Design
- Advanced level of understanding in technical topics of preference, in one or more of the following aspects: Process and energy integration
- Advanced level of understanding in technical topics of preference, in one or more of the following aspects: Economics of the energy sector
- Advanced level of understanding in technical topics of preference, in one or more of the following aspects: Sustainable development
- Advanced level of understanding in technical topics of preference, in one or more of the following aspects: Supply chain management
- Select, define and focus upon an issue at an appropriate level
- Collect and digest knowledge and information selectively and independently to support a particular scientific or engineering enquiry
- Develop and apply relevant and sound methodologies for analysing the issue, developing solutions, recommendations and logical conclusions, and for evaluating the results of own or other's work
- Assess the available renewable energy systems
- Design and select appropriate collection and storage, and optimise and evaluate system design
- Apply generic systems engineering methods such as modelling, simulation, and optimization to facilitate the assessment and development of renewable energy technologies and systems
- Preparation and delivery of communication and presentation;
- Report and essay writing;
- Use of general and professional computing tools;
- Collaborative working with team members;
- Organising and planning of work
- Research into new areas, particularly in the aspect of literature review and skills acquisition.
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about Renewable Energy Systems Engineering MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates