Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse - Adult Nursing) PGDip
On our PGDip Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse - Adult Nursing) course, our focus is on patient care, and establishing healthcare professionals with qualities that patients want to see: care, compassion, honesty, candour and understanding. Through our hands-on clinical approach to teaching, we’ll shape you into a modern nurse that can deal with a complex range of needs, while upholding the highest standard of provision for your patients.
By choosing to study with us, you’ll become part of a multidisciplinary team, get access to our Clinical Simulation Centre to practise real scenarios, learn directly from healthcare professionals, be supported by clinicians while on placements, and begin your journey towards an enriching career as an Adult Nurse. This course is ideal if you're looking to retrain and already have an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject with experience working in a healthcare environment.
You’ll develop your decision-making and leadership skills and will gain an interesting perspective into how psychosocial, spiritual, ethical and legal influences have an impact on the way patient care is provided. You’ll learn how to effectively assess and manage deteriorating patients, analyse and debate a range of treatment options and evidence, to inform a choice of strategies for managing the holistic delivery of care.
You’ll study topics, including care provision for long-term conditions, clinical leadership, decision making in complex care, and managing physical and mental health challenges.
Chat live with students from University of Surrey
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Surrey? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fee for UK students: £9,250
Credits and ECTS Credits: 240 credits and 60 ECTS credits.
- Develop confident, competent and critically responsive practitioners with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to deliver and lead high quality nursing care across a range of health and social care environments. Enable students to act with professional integrity and demonstrate achievement of the professional standards required by the NMC (2010) to register as a nurse
- Prepare students to deliver and analyse the impact of safe and compassionate evidence based care, whilst demonstrating the values and attitudes in keeping with anti-discriminatory practice and an orientation towards holistic care. To foster and facilitate partnership working with health and social care professionals, service users, carers and families, acknowledging and promoting the contribution of a collaborative approach to care and the importance of education for health to practice as a registered nurse
- Enable students to contribute to the planning, design and delivery of care by leading, delegating, supervising, evaluating and challenging other nurses and health care professionals' practice. To develop the capacity to adapt to change and identify, initiate and lead innovations in practice whilst working within the governance framework
- Facilitate the development of higher level clinical, analytical and reflective thinking skills with the ability to distil research impacts, integrate and combine sources of knowledge and identify new directions for research. To nurture a commitment to life long and independent learning
- Enable students to critically appraise, plan and lead teams in the application of research to nursing practice
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse - Adult Nursing) PGDip? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate
Melbourne (Australia), Australia