Management MScUniversity of Surrey
This is a masters course that will excite your competitive nature and feed your ambition.
Designed with a close eye on the international graduate job market, our MSc Management course allows you to convert to this subject area from another field and start an exciting career.
You’ll be exposed to the world of business practice and learn from real examples – and our excellent teaching and links with industry will give you an edge with employers. Sourced from prominent organisations, practitioners and scholars, our academic content reflects the latest internationally-renowned research being conducted at Surrey Business School.
This course is defined by its focus on developing you as a forward-looking, creative and business-savvy professional.
The first half will give you thorough knowledge of management practice and theory. You’ll cover a variety of fascinating areas such as organisational theory, behaviour and practice, strategy, marketing, operations, and accounting and finance.
The second half of the course will equip you with practical business knowledge that will appeal to prospective employers. You will learn about cutting edge developments and trends in business and management. You’ll take part in projects designed to enable you to demonstrate your academic and professional potential in collaboration with industry professionals, work on consulting assignments, and gain international exposure.
Chat live with students from University of Surrey
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Surrey? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The course is offered in full-time (1 year), full-time (with placement (2 years)), full-time (with study abroad (15 months) and part-time (2-years) study options.
Full-time / Full-time (with placement)
- Tuition fee for UK/EU students: £12,700
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £19,600
Full-time / Full-time (with placement)
- Tuition fee for UK students: £13,100
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £20,200
Full-time (Study Abroad)
- Tuition fee for UK students: £13,800
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £21,800
- Tuition fee for UK students: £6,600
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £10,100
Credits and ECTS Credits: 180 credits and 90 ECTS credits.
Programme learning outcomes
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of management in contemporary organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social, economic, financial, and technological aspects of organising and organisations.
- Thoughtful awareness of the relationship between work organisations and society on a global as well as local scale.
- Knowledge of the most significant current and anticipated future trends in business and management.
- Analyse, synthesise and solve complex, unstructured business problems.
- Approach problems in a critical and creative manner in order to develop novel and innovative solutions.
- Integrate learning from a comprehensive range of managerial subject areas to understand and address complex situations holistically.
- Apply academic knowledge to professional practice in a reflexive and ethically informed manner.
- Act in a self-directed and autonomous manner in planning and implementing projects.
- Apply consistently in-depth knowledge and understanding to complex business situations.
- Identify and analyse issues occurring in organisations to develop effective, evidence-based solutions and recommendations.
- Contribute to organisations through advanced professional expertise, intellectual rigour and professional ethical values.
- Be able to lead and inspire people, work in a collegiate manner as part of a team and receive leadership from others in work environments.
- Develop the habits and skills necessary for life-long learning and continued professional development.
- Access and interpret appropriate data to understand trends and anticipate future developments.
- Critically evaluate arguments and make sound judgements with incomplete data.
- Construct evidence-based arguments and communicate effectively in speech and writing with diverse audiences.
- Develop advanced interpersonal skills and apply them effectively in diverse work situations.
- General awareness of the social, economic, financial, and technological aspects of organising and organisations
- Analyse, synthesise and solve structured business problems.
- Apply academic knowledge to professional practice in an ethically informed manner.
- Apply academic knowledge and understanding to business situations.
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about Management MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...