International Marketing MScUniversity of Surrey
International Marketing MSc
All available course dates
International Marketing MSc
Our MSc International Marketing programs provides an excellent stepping stone into an exciting career in international marketing. You’ll benefit from Surrey Business School’s long and continuing tradition of research and teaching in both marketing and retail.
Run by the Department of Marketing and Retail Management, this course will stretch your intellect through its combination of an analytical approach and a global focus.
This course will encourage you to be entrepreneurial and innovative, providing you with valuable opportunities to engage with real international marketing problems throughout your studies.
Through our specialised modules, we will provide you with a comprehensive insider’s look at core international marketing concepts which will familiarise you with the strategies and tactics used in international marketing and the implications these can have. This course will inspire and mould you into a graduate ready to help tackle global marketing challenges. We’ll make sure that you’re well-equipped to navigate and understand the unique responsibilities that marketing professionals face in our ever-changing, globalised world.
Through a combination of lectures, interactive seminars and IT lab workshops, we provide research-led teaching by experienced academics in the area of international marketing and international business. Also, we offer practice-based teaching and learning by inviting experienced practitioners from international organisations. You will also have the opportunity to develop marketing research skills which can be applied to various international marketing issues in your dissertation.
A minimum of a 2:2 UK honours degree in either Business, Business Studies, International Business, Data Analytics, Marketing, Media Studies, Communication Studies, Statistics, Mathematics, Psychology, Sociology or Design Studies, or a recognised equivalent international qualification. Alternatively, we'll consider any degree subject if you achieve a 2:1 UK honours degree or higher, or a recognised equivalent international qualification.
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each element.
If you do not currently meet the level required for your programs, intensive pre-sessional English language courses, designed to take you to the level of English ability and skill required for your studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Applied Marketing Research
- International Business Management
- International Marketing Management
- Applied Marketing Research
- Consumer Behaviour
- Dissertation in Marketing and Retail Management
- Global Strategy
- Integrated and Digital Marketing Communications
- International Fashion Marketing and Luxury Branding
- International Retailing
- International Trade
- Introduction to Marketing Analytics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee for UK/EU students: £12,700
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £19,600
- Tuition fee for UK students: £13,100
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £20,200
Credits and ECTS Credits: 180 credits and 90 ECTS credits.
Programme learning outcomes
- A systematic, in-depth understanding of the development, issues and influences relevant to international marketing management.
- A high level of theoretical and applied knowledge of the management, operation, organisation and provision of business sector education.
- An understanding of the research process.
- An ability to independently critically evaluate approaches and techniques relevant to international marketing management.
- An ability to evaluate outcomes and accurately assess/report on own/others' work with justification and relate them to existing knowledge structures and methodologies
- An ability to demonstrate high level learning and problem solving abilities in the range of modules studied.
- An ability to conduct research and produce a high quality Dissertation: this includes the ability to select, define and focus upon an issue at an appropriate level; to develop and apply relevant and sound methodologies; to analyse the issue; to develop recommendations and logical conclusions; to be aware of the limitations of the research work.
- An ability to identify modifications to existing knowledge structures and theoretical frameworks and therefore to propose new areas for investigation, new problems, new or alternative applications or methodological approaches.
- A range of generic skills relevant to the needs of existing and future managers, executives and professionals, irrespective of their sector of operation. These will include analysis and synthesis, oral and written communication, computing/IT literacy, critical reasoning, data analysis, organisation and planning, problem solving, independent and group working and research.
Over the years, our marketing courses have successfully trained graduates who have gone on to fruitful careers in a variety of international organisations, particularly in areas such as:
- Digital marketing
- Events management
- Media and public relations
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about International Marketing MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Gran Canaria, Spain