Advanced Practice (Primary and Community Care) PGCertUniversity of Surrey
Advanced Practice (Primary and Community Care) PGCert
If you're aiming to take on more responsibility as a primary and community care practitioner, want to learn how to enhance the capabilities of multidisciplinary healthcare teams, and work towards the constant improvement of patient care, then our PGCert Advanced Practice (Primary and Community Care) course is for you. We'll give you the tools to help spearhead change within the healthcare sector, while constantly working towards the advancement of your own practice.
On successful completion of this course, you can apply to register your V300 independent and supplementary prescriber qualification with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), allowing you to prescribe any medicine, within national and local guidelines, for any condition within your area of expertise and competence.
Throughout the course, you’ll gain in-depth knowledge that supports advanced healthcare practice, such as conceptual models, theories and frameworks, and you’ll enrich and refine your critical thinking and decision-making skills. You’ll explore and analyse key leadership issues in health and social care practice, while challenging and debating contemporary theory and practice.
You’ll study our V300 independent and supplementary prescribing module, to improve patients’ access to appropriate medication, in a timely manner. You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to prescribe safely and appropriately within your area of practice, and in line with current non-medical independent and supplementary prescribing legislation.
Chat live with students from University of Surrey
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Surrey? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
You should have an MSc in Specialist Practice (PHP/PCC SCPHN), or a recognised equivalent international qualification. You must be currently registered as a healthcare professional to apply.
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic: 7.0 overall with 6.5 in each element.
If you do not currently meet the level required for your programs, offer intensive pre-sessional English language courses, designed to take you to the level of English ability and skill required for your studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Unstructured (2-5 Years)
- Advanced Assessment & Clinical Reasoning
- Evidencing Your Practice
- Strategic Leadership for Healthcare
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing (NMC/HCPC V300)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
This course can take between two to five years to complete. This is dependent on how many modules you select to study at a given time.
Credits and ECTS Credits: 75 credits and 37.5 ECTS credits
- Critically explore the conceptual models, theories and frameworks that support the provision of advanced practice
- Develop and be able to articulate, a rational framework of values and beliefs, which underpin their practice
- Critically explore and assess evidence, cases and situations in practice to allow a high level of decision making and judgement
- Utilise critical thinking and problem solving skills in the demonstration of complex decision making
- Demonstrate high levels of autonomous practice in complex decision making in an extended scope of practice role
- Evaluate links between theory and practice to explore strategies relevant for the facilitation and assessment of learning within the work place
- Critically evaluate their own and other¿s practice, in order to ensure that practice is of a high standard and evidence based.
We’ll prepare you to take the next step in your career as an advanced practitioner who has additional responsibilities within the healthcare sector. Our graduates typically take on more senior roles within the NHS or in private healthcare.
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about Advanced Practice (Primary and Community Care) PGCert? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate
Melbourne (Australia), Australia