Our intensive MA Acting course offers you practical actor training focusing on technical skills in acting, voice and movement. These support a range of rehearsal projects, screen acting projects and public performances. You’ll also take professional development workshops to help build a bridge between your training and the profession. Your performance opportunities will include a short film project, a public production, and an industry showcase.
We keep our cohorts small to ensure you get personal attention and contact from our expert teachers, who have extensive first-hand experience in professional theatre in the UK and internationally.
Our campus boasts great transport links to London, so you’ll be close to the heart of UK theatre in London’s West End.
Chat live with students from University of Surrey
Do you want to know what it's like to study at University of Surrey? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
A minimum of a 2:2 UK honours degree, or a recognised equivalent international qualification.
Applicants who can demonstrate exceptional talent, and can satisfy the panel of their ability to successfully complete the course, may also be considered. Variations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each element.
If you do not currently meet the level required for your program, offer intensive pre-sessional English language courses, designed to take you to the level of English ability and skill required for your studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Practice
- Industry Practice and Performance
- Rehearsal Project 1: Shakespeare
- Rehearsal Project 2: Twentieth Century Play
- The Integrated Body
- The Working Actor
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fee for UK/EU students: £16,600
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £18,000
- Tuition fee for UK students: £17,100
- Tuition fee for Overseas students: £18,600
Credits and ECTS Credits: 180 credits and 90 ECTS credits
- Develop a sophisticated toolkit of performance techniques
- Develop creative and imaginative approaches to work in rehearsal and performance
- Acquire/demonstrate knowledge of a range of practices and performance styles
- Reflect critically on process and outcome
- Evaluate the relationship between performer, narrative, and performance context
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of style and genre
- Demonstrate engagement and consistency in the approach to skills acquisition
- Communicate effectively in physical/verbal/written form
- Demonstrate effective collaborative strategies
- Demonstrate the ability to work with disciplined self-awareness consistent in a professional context
- Develop a professional profile through selection and preparation of appropriate material
About this institute
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, we provide exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and...
Want to know more about Acting MA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic