BSc (Hons) Tourism Management gives you a fundamental understanding of theories relevant to successful tourism management. You will develop sought after skills within this growing industry and for future academic study.
Your studies will help prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career. You will have the opportunity to visit some great locations on field trips and you will also have the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience on an optional paid industrial placement.
CBSE, ICSE, State Boards - 65% in Class 12
10+II (Senior School Certificate) - 60% or above
3 Year Diploma - 60% or above
English Language Requirements
We accept a wide range of English language qualifications. The standard of English language required varies between courses so please check each course page carefully.
If English is not your first language you should have at least one of the following qualifications (or equivalent) as a minimum.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year 1 (national level 4):
- Tourism and Heritage Management
- Impacts of Festivals and Events
- Fundamentals of Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality
- Global Tourism
- Study Skills for the Service Sector
- Marketing & Business for the Service Sector
Year 2 (national level 5):
- Current Issues in Tourism and Hospitality
- Research Methods for the Service Sector
- Tourism Planning and Development
- Consultancy for the Visitor Economy
- Tourism Fieldwork 2
- Cultural Tourism, Festivals and Events
- Destination Branding
- Exploring Human Resource Management in the Service Sector
- Hospitality, Events, Aviation and Tourism Work Placement
Final year (national level 6):
- Strategic Planning for Tourism and Leisure
- Urban Tourism
- Tourism Management Major Project
- Tourism Fieldwork 3
- Service Quality
- Digital Technologies in the Visitor Economy
- Leadership and Management for the Service Sector
- Risk and Crisis Management for Tourism and Aviation
- Professional Development for the Service Sector
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, Please visit university website for more information.
The full-time annual fee for this course is:
- £9,250 if you are from the UK/Europe*
- £12,500 if you are an international student
The course content on the BSc (Hons) Tourism Management degree reflects our close links with employers, and our teaching emphasises the connections between theories and practice.
Many of our graduates progress to careers in managerial roles within the tourism and hospitality industry. Job titles include Hotel Manager, Tourism Development Officer or Resort Office Manager. Employers include hotels, airlines, travel agencies, events organisers, heritage attractions, Local Authorities and other public sector bodies.
About this institute
University of Sunderland
We’re known as the friendly University – we welcome students from all corners of the globe and have a number of events and activities to help you make new friends and settle in. Our Students’ Union offers a buddies scheme and...
Want to know more about Tourism Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...