MSc Data Science and Artificial IntelligenceUniversity of Suffolk
MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
All available course dates
About this program
MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
The MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence is a postgraduate conversion degree. It is a partnership between us and you – we will give you the opportunities to gain deep knowledge, practical skills and meaningful expertise in data science and artificial intelligence, you bring enthusiasm, determination and a willingness to learn and make the most of the opportunities.
This is a conversion course so your undergraduate degree can be in any subject.
Applicants are expected to hold an undergraduate degree of 2:2 or higher.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS (Academic or UKVI): 6.5 overall, and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced Certificate in Advanced English minimum overall score of 180, no less than 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic): CEFR C1 Level
- TESA (Test of English for Studies Abroad): 6.5 overall, and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- TOEFL IBT 93 overall with a minimum of 12 in reading, 11 in listening, 17 in speaking and 20 in writing
- University of Suffolk Password Skills Test: 6.5/7.0 overall, and a minimum of 5.5 in each component
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Python Programming for AI and Data Science
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Data Mining and Statistical AI
- Deep Learning Techniques and Tools
- Cloud Computing for AI and Data Science
- Extended Project
Scholarships & funding
- Vice Chancellor's Global Impact Scholarship: £4,000
- International Merit Scholarship: £1000-2,000
- Suffolk Executive MBA Scholarship: £4,000
- Full-time tuition fee: £8,235 per year
- Part-time tuition fee: £915 per 20 credits (please contact the Infozone for further information)
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £13,725 per year
In addition to careers in industry, as a graduate of this course, you will also be able to progress into doctoral research.
Employer demand for people skilled in Data Science and AI is proven. The number of AI jobs in the UK listed on its online jobs board grew 485% between 2014 and 2017 according to research from the job website ‘Indeed’. Gartner’s survey on AI revealed that there is a rapid growth in the number of AI based jobs in big organisations, and a tempo change from 4 projects per organisation in 2019 to 10 projects in 2020 and accelerating to an expected 35 projects in 2022.
Regionally digital skills in general and Data Science in particular have been identified by employers as a priority area. The Innovation Martlesham cluster where the University of Suffolk’s new DigiTech Centre is co-located has seen growth in the number of ICT jobs from 600 in 2016 to 1200 in 2019 with 2000 jobs projected for 2023.
An increasing percentage of these jobs require core skills in Data Science and AI. Consultations with regional businesses revealed that there is an increasing demand for professionals with strong Data Science skills who are capable of developing machine learning models based on existing AI rapid development frameworks. As a graduate of this degree, you will be ideally placed to take advantage.
Message the school
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!