LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
This dynamic combined course is designed to meet the requirements of a qualifying law degree. It is ideal for students who wish to become Barristers or Solicitors after graduation and for those seeking a wide range of careers in law or other sectors. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of the nature of law, the relationship between law and justice, and law in action.
Further grounding in criminology allows you to draw on a range of perspectives useful for understanding law in context, with particular references to state responses to crime and the regulation of behavior.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Legal Method and Advocacy (Mandatory)
- Public Law (Mandatory)
- Criminal Law (Mandatory)
- Key Thinkers in Criminology (Mandatory)
- Politics, Crime and Policy (Mandatory)
- Law of Torts (Mandatory)
- Contract Law (Mandatory)
- EU Law (Mandatory)
- Criminological Theory (Mandatory)
- Research Methods in Law (Mandatory)
- Child Law (Optional)
- Policing (Optional)
- Youth Crime and Justice (Optional)
- Criminal Justice (Optional)
- Land Law (Mandatory)
- Equity and Trusts (Mandatory)
- Law and Criminology Research Dissertation (Mandatory)
- Public International Law (Optional)
- International Criminal Law (Optional)
- Company Law (Optional)
- Criminal Evidence (Optional)
- Jurisprudence and Legal Reform (Optional)
- Criminal Procedure (Optional)
- Civil Procedure (Optional)
- Penology (Optional)
- Human Rights (Optional)
- Victimology (Optional)
- Drugs and Crime (Optional)
- Intellectual Property Law (Optional)
- Media Law (Optional)
- Clinical Legal Practice (Optional)
Scholarships & funding
- International Scholarships: £1,500
- EU Scholarships: £2,900 per year
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition Fees: £1,454 per 20 credit module (Please contact the Info zone for further information).
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £12,150 per year
Students can progress in to a range of law and criminology related careers, including roles as Barristers and Solicitors as well as other careers within the law sector.
Examples of careers students may pursue include: legal practice (with further training for those intending to become Solicitors, Barristers, Chartered Legal Executives, Patent Attorneys or Trade Mark Attorneys), local government, criminal justice roles, social justice, financial services and journalism.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates