BSc (Hons) Psychology and Sociology
Psychology at the University of Suffolk at the main campus in Ipswich is accredited by the British Psychological Society. Students who wish to become professional psychologists are eligible for Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society, providing that they gain a minimum of second class honors and have completed all the required psychology modules.
In Psychology at the University of Suffolk you will explore and examine the interaction between mind and behavior, the nature of the unconscious, the functioning of memory, individual behavior in social situations, prejudice and altruism.
The aim of the sociology joint program is to produce knowledgeable sociologists who can develop sociologically informed arguments. It also offers students an increasingly specialist knowledge as they progress with their studies.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Foundations in Biological and Cognitive Psychology (Mandatory)
- Foundations of Social and Developmental Psychology (Mandatory)
- Introduction to Sociology (Mandatory)
- Social Science Research Skills (Mandatory)
- Social Change (Requisite)
- Media, Crime and Deviance (Optional)
- Migration and Ethnicity (Optional)
- Introduction to Youth studies (Optional)
- Introduction to Criminology (Optional)
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology (Mandatory)
- Social and Development Psychology (Mandatory)
- Social Theory (Mandatory)
- Experimental design and analysis (Mandatory)
- Questionnaire Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Qualitative Research Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Advanced Qualitative Research Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Mental Health Policy and Practice (Optional)
- Work and Employment (Optional)
- Globalization (Optional)
- Political Sociology (Optional)
- Abnormal Psychology (Mandatory)
- Individual Differences (Mandatory)
- Level 6 Research Dissertation (Mandatory)
- Technology and Material Civilization (Optional)
- Gender and Sexuality (Optional)
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Info zone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
- The most recent figures available from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) reveal that 85% of Psychology and Sociology graduates in 20154/165 found employment within six months of graduation
- Around 60% of graduate jobs are open to graduates of any discipline and Psychology and Sociology graduates are well equipped with the advanced skills and confidence to thrive in a variety of occupations
- Psychology and Sociology graduates are good problem solvers, have good analytical and research skills, and have excellent information and data management skills Employability is taken very seriously at the University of Suffolk and employers are directly involved in a number of taught and additional sessions over the 3 years
- Quite a number of our graduates also go on to pursue further qualifications at masters and doctoral levels
- Online and face to face resources and advice are available from the university Careers and Employability Service for all of our student
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Psychology and Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...