BSc (Hons) PsychologyUniversity of Suffolk
BSc (Hons) Psychology
All available course dates
About this program
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Our BSc (Hons) Psychology course has been accredited by The British Psychological Society.
Psychology at the University of Suffolk explores and examines the interaction between mind and behavior, the nature of the unconscious, the functioning of memory, individual behavior in social situations, prejudice and altruism. This equips students with a thorough grounding in each of the major fields: social psychology; developmental psychology; biological psychology; and cognitive psychology.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Foundations of Biological and Cognitive Psychology (Mandatory)
- Foundations of Social and Developmental Psychology (Mandatory)
- Everyday Psychology (Mandatory)
- Social Science Research Skills (Mandatory)
- Diverse Patterns of Development (Optional)
- Theoretical Perspectives on Child Development (Optional)
- Migration and Ethnicity (Requisite)
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology (Mandatory)
- Social and Developmental Psychology (Mandatory)
- Psychological Aspects of Health and Wellbeing (Requisite)
- Psychology of Belief (Optional)
- Experimental Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Questionnaire Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Qualitative Research Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Advanced Qualitative Research Design and Analysis (Mandatory)
- Psychology and Crime (Optional)
- Abnormal Psychology (Mandatory)
- Individual Differences (Mandatory)
- Applied Sports Psychology (Optional)
- Forensic Psychology (Optional)
- Psychology Project (Mandatory)
- Psychology of Substance Use
Scholarships & funding
- Vice Chancellor's Global Impact Scholarship: £4,000
- International Merit Scholarship: £1000-2,000
- Suffolk Executive MBA Scholarship: £4,000
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition Fees: £1,454 per 20 credit module (Please contact the Info zone for further information).
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £12,150 per year
- The most recent figures available from the Higher Education Statistics
- Agency(HESA) reveal that 85% of Psychology graduates in 2014/15 found employment within six months of graduation.
- Around 60% of graduate jobs are open to graduates of any discipline and
- Psychology graduates are well equipped with the advanced skills and confidence to thrive in a variety of occupations
- Psychology graduates are good at problem solving, have good analytical and research skills, and have excellent information and data management skills
- Employability is taken very seriously at University of Suffolk and employers are directly involved in a number of taught and additional sessions over the course of the degree
- Excellent links with Suffolk Constabulary, local magistrates, the Crown
- Prosecution Service and the probation service
- Quite a number of our graduates also go on to pursue further qualifications at masters and doctoral levels
- Online and face to face resources and advice are available from the University
- Careers and Employability Service for all University of Suffolk students
Message the school
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
University of Suffolk
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Psychology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!