BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
Delivered by dynamic, experienced and supportive tutors, this Paramedic Science degree not only prepares you for today’s profession. It also advances your skills and knowledge, preparing you for ever-changing health care practice.
We equip you to respond to changes in paramedic care, and adapt to deliver new practices.
Our course originated from the need for ongoing recruitment of paramedic graduates by local services. In partnership with Health Education East of England and East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST), we designed a degree that transforms you into a highly competent Paramedic, equipped for the out-of-hospital environment.
IELTS 7.0 is required where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Personal and Professional Role Development
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Paramedic Practice: Meeting Psycho Social Needs
- Patient Management: Care of the Individual
- Interprofessional Learning: Working with Others
- Patient Management: Priorities of Care
- Pharmacology for Paramedic Practice
- Research Methods for Paramedics
- Interprofessional Learning: The Service User
- Application of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology to Paramedic Practice
- Patient Management: The Complex Environment
- Transition into Registered Paramedic Practice
- Interprofessional Learning: The professional in the team
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- International tuition fee: £16,405 p.a. (inclusive of placement fee)
On completing the course, students can progress in to a range of careers including working in a helicopter ambulance, trauma teams, heart response teams, primary care, paramedic on oil rigs, control units and hospital liaison roles. Paramedic Science graduates are very employable as the skills gained will span the patient journey.
The more experienced a graduate is, the more they can contribute to different areas. Students learn how patient pathways are changing, looking more at medical prescribing which impacts how we care for patients.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...