BSc (Hons) Children's Nursing
Accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and underpinned by the NMC 2010 Standards for Pre-Registration Nursing Education, the degree has been designed by the program team with practice and service users partners.
During your studies, you learn how to respond to the holistic health care needs of children, young people and their family and / or careers. We also encourage collaboration with other professionals from health, social care and education to deliver an excellent standard of care.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above), BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC) or Access to Higher Education Diploma – a minimum of 30 Level 3 credits at merit grade or above
Applicants are expected to hold five GCSEs grade 4/C or above to include Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
For applicants whose first language is not English, but who have been living in the UK for less than 2 years (or have not lived in the UK at all), we will accept IELTS or the University of Suffolk Password test as meeting the English requirement.
Applicants whose first language is not English, but who have been living in the UK for 2 years or more will be expected to hold GCSE English at Grade C or above (grade 4-9 for the new GCSE), or the relevant Level 2 equivalent (if applicable).
Any offer of a place will be subject to:
- Successful interview
- Satisfactory Health check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Two satisfactory references
As part of the selection process, you will be expected to demonstrate good knowledge and a clear understanding of the scope of work that a nurse is required to undertake as well as the significance of the NHS Constitution and its core values.
IELTS 7.0 is required where English is not the students' first language.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Nursing Practice 1 (Working with Others from The Professional Person)
- Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Holistic Care
- Nursing Practice 2 (The Professional in the Team from The Organization)
- Living with Long Term Conditions
- Evidence Based Practice & End of Life Care
- Nursing Practice 3 (including IPL: The Professional in the Team)
- Preparing for Professional Practice
Scholarships & funding
- International Scholarships: £1,500
- EU Scholarships: £4,475 per year
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £9,250 p.a.
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £12,150 per year
How we nurse children and young people in the community is constantly changing, creating new career opportunities for Child Health Nurses.
Once your course is completed you can apply to work locally, regionally or nationally in a variety of settings – Acute Hospital Trusts, Community Trusts, Nurse Education and research, for instance.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about BSc (Hons) Children's Nursing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America