BA (Hons) Sociology
Sociology developed with the modern world and its key task is to analyze the changing nature of our social world. You will study important aspects of the real world that are complex and challenging such as inequality, violence, unfairness, or injustice.
Sociology students here study these challenging areas when examining social change, globalization, migration, gender and sexuality, technology and social theory.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above), BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC) or Access to HE Diploma - a minimum of 30 Level 3 credits at merit grade or above.
All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above. Applicants who do not hold these qualifications may be considered on an individual basis based upon their overall application and the course applied for.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Sociology
- Social Science Research Skills
- Social Change
- Migration and Ethnicity
- Politics, Crime and Policy
- Media, Crime and Deviance
- Foundations of Social and Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Criminology
- Social Theory
- Questionnaire Design and Analysis
- Qualitative Research Design and Analysis
- Secondary Quantitative Data Analysis
- Advanced Qualitative Research Design and Analysis
- Sociology of Health & Illness
- The World of Work
- Gender and Sexuality
- Mental Health Policy and Practice
- Sociology of Law
- Technology and Material Civilization
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
Sociology graduates are well placed to seek employment in graduate management schemes, social services, education, criminal justice, welfare services, government, counselling, charities and the voluntary sector.
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Sociology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America