BA (Hons) Architecture
We bring art and science together to develop you into a creative and critically informed graduate, ready for an exciting and fulfilling career.
Architecture is both intellectually and financially rewarding, situated within both culture and the arts, and science and technology. Our course is run jointly by two of our most established departments to give you the broadest and most relevant experience possible.
We draw on the wealth of professional expertise and international renown within our teaching team, with support from professional bodies and our network of industry contacts.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Context (fundamentals of history and theory) (Mandatory)
- Creative Media (communication in 2D, 3D and 4D) (Mandatory)
- Systems (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 1 (architectural design studio: site, envelope, user) (Mandatory)
- Critical Perspectives (advanced history and theory, research methods) (Mandatory)
- Integrated Technology (construction, sustainability, BIM) (Mandatory)
- City - Context - Culture (urban and critical design, fabrication) (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 2 (architectural design studio: integration and regeneration) (Mandatory)
- Research (dissertation and special theory topics) (Mandatory)
- Professional Practice (roles, regulations, ethos) (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 3 (social and environmental agendas) (Mandatory)
Scholarships & funding
- International Scholarships: £1,500
- EU Scholarships: £2,900 per year
- Full-time Tuition Fees: £9,250 p.a.
- International / EU Tuition Fees: £12,150 per year
Upon completing the BA (Hons) Architecture degree pregame, you can progress in to an array of careers or further study including:
- Part I Architectural Assistants, architectural designers, technicians
- Continue studies and training to become RIBA Part II and continue to become architects in practice
- Postgraduate study in subjects within creative arts, design, and/or technology
- Develop in practice to become technologists, visualizers, or specialist designers
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Why study at University of Suffolk
We're confident you would quickly feel at home on our beautiful waterfront campus along the famous sunshine coast of Suffolk. Our campus is stylish, modern and compact, surrounded by restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, as well as historic and cultural hotspots. Established in 2016, we are one of the newest universities in the country, which enables us to be dynamic and forward thinking in our approach. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we pride ourselves on consistently featuring within the top 10 for 'student experience' polls. Our students are taught by expert academics and industry professionals rather than graduate teachers, which is common practice in many universities. Teaching typically takes place in small classes and is supplemented by all the contact time and personal support you need.
- Choose from over 200 Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes recognised all over the world
- Live in a multi-cultural student town, located only 1 hour 20 minutes away from London by train
- Enjoy living and studying on a small yet functional campus, where class sizes are purposely designed to ensure your academic experience is intimate and personal to you
- Our wonderful team of staff will support your entire Academic journey – from Application through to graduation – and everything in between
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...