BA (Hons) Architecture
We bring art and science together to develop you into a creative and critically informed graduate, ready for an exciting and fulfilling career.
Architecture is both intellectually and financially rewarding, situated within both culture and the arts, and science and technology. Our course is run jointly by two of our most established departments to give you the broadest and most relevant experience possible.
We draw on the wealth of professional expertise and international renown within our teaching team, with support from professional bodies and our network of industry contacts.
IELTS 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
For those applicants studying A-Level & BTEC, we require 112 UCAS points, which equates to BBC (A-Level) or DMM (BTEC). To find out more about country specific requirements please visit our web-page or send us an information request
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Context (fundamentals of history and theory) (Mandatory)
- Creative Media (communication in 2D, 3D and 4D) (Mandatory)
- Systems (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 1 (architectural design studio: site, envelope, user) (Mandatory)
- Critical Perspectives (advanced history and theory, research methods) (Mandatory)
- Integrated Technology (construction, sustainability, BIM) (Mandatory)
- City - Context - Culture (urban and critical design, fabrication) (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 2 (architectural design studio: integration and regeneration) (Mandatory)
- Research (dissertation and special theory topics) (Mandatory)
- Professional Practice (roles, regulations, ethos) (Mandatory)
- Design Synthesis 3 (social and environmental agendas) (Mandatory)
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
Upon completing the BA (Hons) Architecture degree pregame, you can progress in to an array of careers or further study including:
- Part I Architectural Assistants, architectural designers, technicians
- Continue studies and training to become RIBA Part II and continue to become architects in practice
- Postgraduate study in subjects within creative arts, design, and/or technology
- Develop in practice to become technologists, visualizers, or specialist designers
About this institute
University of Suffolk
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university. Being one of the newest in the UK, the University of Suffolk is not restricted by tradition and embraces change, to produce graduates who can easily adapt to a changing world. Taking...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Architecture? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...