About this program
LLB (Hons) Law
Law is taught from a range of perspectives, based on the finest traditions of legal education and recent innovations for the 21st century. Our approach is to examine law well beyond basic legal rules and legal institutions, taking account of wider contexts and discourses that allow deeper understanding of law in society. With this approach, the University of Suffolk provides students with a firm grounding in the subject of law and the contexts in which law functions. Equally important is the breadth and depth of education that this subject facilitates. Students will be equipped to take on challenging questions about law and related issues, and to apply their knowledge and skills in a variety of contexts. This ethos runs right through all subjects in the law curriculum, which includes a number of modules specifically designed to provide opportunities to apply your knowledge and skills in different contexts.
The entry requirements for admission are:
- 3 UK A Levels (BBC) or BTEC Extended Diploma (DMM) or international equivalent qualification, or a recognized Foundation Programme at the appropriate level
- GCSE Maths Grade 'C' and above or international equivalent
- English Proficiency: IELTS (Academic) 6.0 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components), or GCSE English grade 'C' and above, or international equivalent qualification, or Unicaf English Placement Test (EPT) overall 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in all components)
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words)
- Up to date CV
- 1 reference (academic or professional) stated on CV including referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant
- Valid, national photo ID
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Legal Method & Advocacy
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Contract Law
- Legal Ethics
- Dispute resolution
- Tort Law
- Land Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Research Methods in Law
- Public International Law
- Family Law
- Administrative Law
- EU Law
- Company Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Independent Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fees: £3,600 per year (3 years)
About this institute
University of Suffolk - Unicaf
The University of Suffolk is a transformational university, absorbing the best of UK university traditions and aligning them with a twenty first century audience and a modern world of employment and entrepreneurship. We are a distinctive, thriving academic community which...
Be the first to write a review!