MSc Strategic Public Relations and Communication Management
Our Strategic Public Relations and Communication Management course gives you the chance to design, implement and evaluate public relations campaigns, helping you to develop the practical and analytical skills you'll need for a successful career in communications and public relations.
You'll develop a critical appreciation of the role of public relations in society, as well as key analytical and professional skills. You’ll also gain a solid understanding of the theory behind PR, and have many opportunities to put this theory into practice.
By the end of your studies, you’ll have the necessary skills to work at managerial level in public relations. You’ll be able to analyse environments, issues, organisational cultures and relationships – as well as set objectives, and design and implement public relations strategies.
We’re continually updating this well-established course in line with new advances in theory and practice, including how communication campaigns may successfully integrate digital media. Field trips and guest lectures offer opportunities to discuss strategic communication issues with leading practitioners. These also give you networking opportunities and an understanding of current best practice.
This course was established in 1988 and was the first degree in public relations in the UK and one of the first in Europe. Several prominent public relations academics and practitioners have completed their education at Stirling.
A minimum of a Second Class Honours degree (2:1 preferred) in a relevant subject or equivalent is required. If you don’t have these formal qualifications, but have significant relevant work and life experience, we still encourage you to apply.
English Language Requirement
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 176 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 169 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 62 overall with 60 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 80 overall with 18 in reading, 23 in writing, 19 in listening and 21 in speaking
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China minimum 543 overall, 54 in listening, 53 in structure and written expression, 56 in reading and B2 in speaking
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall and Merit in all sub-skills, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 105 overall with a minimum of 95 in each sub-skill
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Mode of study: part-time, full-time, campus based, stand-alone modules
- Tuition fee for UK students: £7,700
- Tuition fee for EU students: £18,645
- Tuition fee for Overseas (non-EU) students: £18,645
Award: Masters / MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate
Our graduates typically occupy positions such as:
- Communications Officer/Manager
- Public Relations Officer/Manager
- Media Officer
- Social Media Officer/Manager
- Internal Communications Officer/Manager
- Corporate Affairs Officer/Manager
Organisations our graduates work for include:
- UK Government
- Office Depot
- Police Scotland
- The National Museum of Wales
About this institute
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is an international university committed to helping students make a difference in the world. We’re passionate about creating impact in everything we do - addressing real societal issues, providing solutions, and helping to shape communities. Based...
Want to know more about MSc Strategic Public Relations and Communication Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Alliance, United States of America